:sunglasses: 100 %
By kreuzberger
Spoonman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:41 pm Though oddly enough holding up A2 to A4 posters of dismembered human embryos doesn't appear to be, in Belfast anyway.
Those relics and the Falls Road fantasists of the east-end of Glasgow can do whatever the fuck they like, as was witnessed at the weekend just gone. McPlod won't go within a million miles of them.

davidjay liked this
By Spoonman
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:32 pm
Spoonman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:41 pm Though oddly enough holding up A2 to A4 posters of dismembered human embryos doesn't appear to be, in Belfast anyway.
Those relics and the Falls Road fantasists of the east-end of Glasgow can do whatever the fuck they like, as was witnessed at the weekend just gone. McPlod won't go within a million miles of them.

Errm, I was referring to anti-abortion protesters in Belfast, whom come in religious hues of varying Protestant denominations as well as Catholic believers. I don't know how that led on to about something on one side of Glasgow's Old Firm (which I've no vested interest in personally)? But for the record, that image is pretty much "on brand" for at least a section of Glasgow Celtic's support base.
Oboogie liked this
By Killer Whale
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:30 pm
Killer Whale wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:50 pm And in any case, if you can get arrested for waving around a picture of a dead kid at a Sheffield Wednesday match...
That was done with the express intention of causing the kind of upset which would quite easily lead to disorder. Thankfully, that is illegal.
That was my point. Waving a Palestinian flag at a show of solidarity with callously murdered people was deliberately designed to show the same kind of contempt and provoke the same upset.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:56 pm Without comment:

Omad Djallili wrote:The world is finally aware that the “Islamic” Republic of Iran have been funding and training the terrorists that attacked Israel. So here are SOME QUESTIONS FOR THE REGIME:

HOW DO YOU EVEN DARE TO SPEAK OUT against Israeli oppression, when 10M Jews, Christians, Bahá’ís and Muslims have left Iran for fear of being killed or meaninglessly executed?

HOW DO YOU DARE TO TRY and align yourselves with an oppressed people, when you’ve raped & slaughtered your own people for the past 44 years?

HOW DO YOU DARE TO SPARK A WAR THAT NO ONE WANTS except a fanatical minority which celebrates the slaughter of Israeli civilians, including hundreds of women & children?

HOW DO YOU DARE DISPLACE 260,000 Palestinians so children continue to be born in Gaza with no prospects other than a choice between misery or death?

NO ONE WANTS more war crimes inflicted on yet more civilians. What is coming is chilling. And it will get worse:
Russia backing the IRI because they’re dependent on the IRGC for military hardware & drones, war in the Ukraine, the US parked in the Mediterranean and Israel fighting Hamas in the south, Hezbollah in the north and potentially the IRI too, it’s a world war that will affect every single one of us.

If we are humanitarians, everyone of us on this platform must call for a cease fire immediately. We know what each side is capable of. Killing more innocent people gets us nowhere other than a fast track to Armageddon.
That ties in with the faked BBC report about arms for Ukraine being redirected to Hamas which is discussed here:

By Spoonman
...to be fair to Kreuz, it's not too hard to think that at least part of the Irish Republican end of Glasgow Celtic's support gets a semi for Hamas when this head da'ball of a Stormont MLA for West Belfast tweeted this in response to the news that Hamas started their current attacks in Israel...

Gerry Carroll @GerryCarrollPBP
Victory to the Palestinian Resistance ✊✊
9:19 am · 7 Oct 2023
...at least Sinn Fein's RoI leader Mary-Lou McDonald has her head screwed on. ( McDonald condemns attacks by Hamas on Israel - https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2023/1 ... -politics/ )
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
I remember reading an IRA member's memoir, in which they said that watching footage of the Argentine invasion of the Falklands, some of the gang were cheering, clapping, and shouting "Viva las Malvinas, down with the Imperialist British!". If they had a problem with the Brits, they'd really not have liked Galtieri.
By kreuzberger
I didn't think that I was getting much push-back there.

This mob of noisy wee neds is always keen to take up a terrorist cause, and they were especially quick out of the blocks at the weekend. The blood hadn't dried before they were cobbling together their celebratory banners.

Even their own club - which usually reserves a back-stage area for them to produce their signage - has issued a statement of condemnation.
By Rosvanian
Looking at Mail Online a few minutes ago, the narrative is a simple one: the forces of Light are lined up against Mordor and whatever the Israelis are about to unleash on the people of Gaza is right and just and deserved and anyone not of this view is a wicked terrorist sympathiser.
By The Weeping Angel

One of the victims was Bernard Cowan a Celtic fan. So these Celtic fansare applauding his murderers.
By davidjay
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:06 pm

One of the victims was Bernard Cowan a Celtic fan. So these Celtic fansare applauding his murderers.
Logic doesn't apply when there's a cause to join, an underdog to support and a vaguely anti-British sentiment to deliver.
By Rosvanian
Mmmm, no comments here since Saturday.

Reports of hundreds killed in an airstrike on a Gaza hospital which of course, should be treated with caution until verified. I notice, however, that even the Mail can't ignore that. I wonder if by even mentioning this makes me a terrorist sympathiser in some people's eyes. Like those good folks over at Spiked, for example?
By kreuzberger
Rosvanian wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:44 pm Mmmm, no comments here since Saturday.
It's difficult. You have been here long enough to know that this is not a forum for hot-takes. That is not meant as a criticism, but the facts are still doing their best to emerge from the dust and the darkness.

It will become clear whether this is a monstrous war crime on the part of Israel or a monumental own-goal from Hamas. Aye, all in good time but until it is eclipsed by the next catastrophe.
Boiler liked this
By MisterMuncher
It's very hard to have a take on the hospital explosion this early that isn't going to sound like conspiraballs come morning. That's a lot of video circulating, and some of it is very obvious bollocks (stuff from a year ago showing a rocket going awry, images from other countries &c) and there's been a lot of deleting, revising and editing going on.

From what I have seen that I can verify as having happened tonight, it certainly doesn't look like a stray touching off an ammunition stockpile*, there's no secondary explosions, just one big bang. I am, however, no expert.

These situations rarely present any definitive answers this early, so for the present, this is just a fucking disaster on its own merits.

*Fwiw, the idea that an explosion causes other explosives to explode is about 100 years behind reality. Miltary and mining explosives are engineered specifically *not* to go of with shock or fire. You can safely stub out a fag in Semtex or C4, it will burn like a firelighter if you can get it to catch light, rather than explode.
By Yug
In reply to Rosvanian's post above I will point out that the situation in Gaza is extremely confused - no-one knows exactly what is going on, both sides are pumping out propaganda, and the reasons behind the current flare-up are extremely complex and a bit above my pay-grade. So, instead of posting what may well turn out to be utter bollocks, I'm taking a lead from Mark Twain:

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and have the opinion confirmed.
There are a lot of people out there, on the internet and in the media, who would do well to heed those words themselves.

Not having a go at anyone here, I'm just fed-up with the internet being awash with speculative drivel, lies and propaganda, and unhinged bollocks.
zuriblue liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]