:sunglasses: 100 %
By Rosvanian
Yug wrote:In reply to Rosvanian's post above I will point out that the situation in Gaza is extremely confused - no-one knows exactly what is going on, both sides are pumping out propaganda, and the reasons behind the current flare-up are extremely complex and a bit above my pay-grade. So, instead of posting what may well turn out to be utter bollocks, I'm taking a lead from Mark Twain:

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and have the opinion confirmed.
There are a lot of people out there, on the internet and in the media, who would do well to heed those words themselves.

Not having a go at anyone here, I'm just fed-up with the internet being awash with speculative drivel, lies and propaganda, and unhinged bollocks.
I completely agree. What I'm struggling with is the complete, unconditional support for Israel by the right wing press, the government and the bloody Labour party to the point where anyone suggesting that there may, possibly, be an alternative view, is almost gleefully being portrayed as anti semitic and a terrorist sympathiser. I'm fed up with it. But, as you say, it's probably best keep to one's trap shut .
Watchman, Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Labour has not given unconditional support. Look at Starmer's statement.

Even Sunak has been a little nuanced and the SNP and the LibDems are opposed.

It doesn't help to misrepresent their positions.
By MisterMuncher
I don't think it's communist insanity, but it will certainly be greeted as such, which I think/hope is the point being made
Oboogie liked this
By Philip Marlow
Well aye.

Honestly it’s my own damn fault. I’ve largely been staying away from social media since this kicked off. Between the ‘Ah yes, dead Jews, a terrible shame. Anyway…’ types and the people posting roaring endorsements of ethnic cleansing I was beginning to suffer a serious sense of humour failure.
By Tubby Isaacs
Until yesterday, there seemed to have been an agreed "allies" position. "Right to defend itself, within international law, don't comment on pretty blatant breaks, let America talk to Israel". But that France broke with America on Gaza aid, and the UK abstained. This looks less like a masterplan now, if ever it did.
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:34 pm This is the shite that Corbyn encouraged...

Now being investigated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-67161730

Police are to investigate whether a former MP committed a hate crime in a social media post about Israel.

Chris Williamson, ex-Labour MP for Derby North posted on X, formerly Twitter, on Tuesday night that "Israel has forfeited any right to exist".

Derbyshire Police said they had received "multiple reports" about the comment.
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:15 pm I'll take a wild guess that isn't a crime. But God, aren't Labour well rid?
The European Commission regard "Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination" as anti-Semitic, but I guess Chris Williamson could challenge that.
https://commission.europa.eu/strategy-a ... emitism_en
By Oboogie
Oboogie wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:32 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:15 pm I'll take a wild guess that isn't a crime. But God, aren't Labour well rid?
The European Commission regard "Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination" as anti-Semitic, but I guess Chris Williamson could challenge that.
https://commission.europa.eu/strategy-a ... emitism_en
He's also could be accused of supporting a proscribed terrorist organisation by sharing their aims and objectives - Hamas also have the eradication of Israel in their charter.
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:54 pm

"Woah, fuxake lads, steady on". I remember when that wasn't a controversial thing to say.
I don't think Private Eye's tone works that well with war crimes. It's more suitable for Jeffrey Archer-type news. Of course, Private Eye's investigative journalism is often of the highest seriously, but it wouldn't necessarily put dead babies or whatever on the cover.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]