:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 12.5 % :cry: 12.5 % :🤗 12.5 %
So Mycroft Corbyn is an amateur Freeman of the Land lawyer to add to his many talents. His co-defendant is even more fucking insane.
London Mayor candidate Corbyn: "I plead not guilty and I don't recognise the legality of these charges."
Corbyn: "Madam, do you have control of this court? Surely you could implement natural justice and say people can be allowed in."

Judge asks Trapman if he accepts the account of his police interview, in which he said Health Secretary Matt Hancock would be "arrested for fraud" and "coronavirus doesn't exist".

Trapman says he is sure his legal entity would "go along with that"

Asked his defence, Trapman said: "The bullet points I would give you on behalf of Jonathan Trapman is that when Jonathan Trapman was arrested, he did read out the common law declaration of his right to conscience.

Trapman argues this declaration and the Magna Carta mean there is "no case to answer", and the charge should be null and void.

Judge: "Looking at your suggestion that the charge is null and void, I am determining separately that it is not...
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
Youngian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm So Mycroft Corbyn is an amateur Freeman of the Land lawyer to add to his many talents. His co-defendant is even more fucking insane.
London Mayor candidate Corbyn: "I plead not guilty and I don't recognise the legality of these charges."
Corbyn: "Madam, do you have control of this court? Surely you could implement natural justice and say people can be allowed in."

Judge asks Trapman if he accepts the account of his police interview, in which he said Health Secretary Matt Hancock would be "arrested for fraud" and "coronavirus doesn't exist".

Trapman says he is sure his legal entity would "go along with that"

Asked his defence, Trapman said: "The bullet points I would give you on behalf of Jonathan Trapman is that when Jonathan Trapman was arrested, he did read out the common law declaration of his right to conscience.

Trapman argues this declaration and the Magna Carta mean there is "no case to answer", and the charge should be null and void.

Judge: "Looking at your suggestion that the charge is null and void, I am determining separately that it is not...
Did she die in vain?
Youngian, Nigredo liked this
By Boiler
We of course have this woman:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorks ... s-20369015

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... ppe-owner/

There's an arrogant smugness in her expression; some of the BTL comments in the T&A are... well.
Last edited by Boiler on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:23 pm We of course have this woman:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorks ... s-20369015

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... ppe-owner/

There's an arrogant smugness in her expression; some of the BTL comments in the T&A are... well.
I'm impressed.
What pisses me off about these idiots is the arrogance - that they think they've stumbled upon some hidden fact about the law that has evaded everyone else for decades if not centuries. It's the exact same fake intellectual horseshit behind climate change denial, antivax, and all manner of other selfish fuckwittery where the "secret truth" just so happens to always, always coincide with it meaning the true believer can use it as an excuse to avoid what are usually trivially minor inconveniences to themselves to benefit others.
Boiler, Youngian, Oboogie and 4 others liked this
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am What pisses me off about these idiots is the arrogance - that they think they've stumbled upon some hidden fact about the law that has evaded everyone else for decades if not centuries. It's the exact same fake intellectual horseshit behind climate change denial, antivax, and all manner of other selfish fuckwittery where the "secret truth" just so happens to always, always coincide with it meaning the true believer can use it as an excuse to avoid what are usually trivially minor inconveniences to themselves to benefit others.
And if you don't give them your Legal Name there's nothing they can do.
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am What pisses me off about these idiots is the arrogance - that they think they've stumbled upon some hidden fact about the law that has evaded everyone else for decades if not centuries. It's the exact same fake intellectual horseshit behind climate change denial, antivax, and all manner of other selfish fuckwittery where the "secret truth" just so happens to always, always coincide with it meaning the true believer can use it as an excuse to avoid what are usually trivially minor inconveniences to themselves to benefit others.
There's another side to it, I think.
Remember when you were a child, and sometimes things happened that you knew were just unfair, things that went against your sense of natural justice? Like bullies and cheats prospering despite everything you had been told about such things being impossible? So you looked around for a higher authority, a teacher or parent or some other random grown up to help you out, solve this conundrum, and maybe dispense some justice and fairness. But, of course, all they could really do would be to explain that sometimes life isn't fair, and sometimes the bad guys win. And that was a powerful lesson in the realities of the world. And maybe you determined to work during your adulthood towards increasing the fairness in the world, or maybe you just shrugged your shoulders and thought "sod it".
Now imagine that you're too stupid to have grasped that at a young age. Maybe you'll reach adulthood still under the impression that there is, or at least should be, some higher authority available that underwrites natural justice, and I'm talking here of an actually thing, not just a metaphysical concept such as 'human rights'. The freeman fallacy provides that in the form of Natural Law (almost always incorrectly termed Common Law because, I don't know, stupidity?) codified (kind of, at a stretch) in the Magna Carta. It even comes with a ready-made conspiracy theory to explain why natural justice is so seldom served.
In summary: Idiots behaving like childish idiots.
Boiler, Nigredo liked this
In law there's the concept of equity, in which one could always appeal to a higher power (ultimately the monarch) to get redress for some unfairness delivered by a lower court. You can see it in what the Russians called the "little father" concept - the idea that the Tsar (or premier) is just an average everyday Joe who will understand his people once we get him away from all those advisers. Strong shades of that in the UK too - in royal reporting, in the cult of Johnson, in the veneration of Thatcher or Corbyn, or indeed worldwide with any populist.

In Australia, they have a concept called "fair go", which seems to be the belief that everyone deserves a fair hearing (OK), but frequently morphs into a belief that any excuse delivered in a plaintive 'Strine whine must be accepted.

Whatever the name it's given, it's the human equivalent of a puppy doing big eyes after shitting on the carpet.
That's how the grifters peddling this rubbish do it, though: convince people that you've not just been clever enough to follow the clues to win the game - you've won reality!

It's a major selling point for followers of these things that a lot of them don't have anything else in their lives to feel special about, or even satisfied with.
Last edited by Samanfur on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boiler liked this
By Boiler
Killer Whale wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am There's another side to it, I think.
Remember when you were a child, and sometimes things happened that you knew were just unfair, things that went against your sense of natural justice? Like bullies and cheats prospering despite everything you had been told about such things being impossible? So you looked around for a higher authority, a teacher or parent or some other random grown up to help you out, solve this conundrum, and maybe dispense some justice and fairness. But, of course, all they could really do would be to explain that sometimes life isn't fair, and sometimes the bad guys win. And that was a powerful lesson in the realities of the world. And maybe you determined to work during your adulthood towards increasing the fairness in the world, or maybe you just shrugged your shoulders and thought "sod it".
There have been a few occasions this last month or so when I have thought "why do I put myself through (x) to help others? The selfish bastards of this world have no such trouble and sail on happily free of all this. Why don't I become like them? It'd make my life so much easier."
The Corbyn brothers are probably more similar than they care to admit. Both too stubborn to take anyone else's opinion on board once they've formed a (usually simplistic) one, both utterly convinced of their own worthiness, both willing to go to absurd lengths to make their point or to stick by a belief.

I suspect PC's irritable, exasperated plea to the judge that she should just make it all go away because he thinks it doesn't count isn't a million miles away from what JC would have liked to have said about the antisemitism claims.
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:58 am In Australia, they have a concept called "fair go", which seems to be the belief that everyone deserves a fair hearing (OK), but frequently morphs into a belief that any excuse delivered in a plaintive 'Strine whine must be accepted.
Bit of a Hijack here.
This explains the really weird press conferences after Australian Cricketers get caught cheating bang to rights.
It's usually some
Look, now, we like to play hard but fair. Doing it for the best fans in the world....
Meanwhile the English, Indian, Pakistan press are looking at each other asking "What the fuck. how much would this guys organs fetch?", and the Kiwis give a knowing shrug as if to say "He's not with me".
By Nigredo
One of the freedumb loons who clashed with the police at the weekend just phoned into James O'Brien to call him a fascist and say he'll be locked in the gorilla cage at London Zoo when the revolution comes :shock:
Oboogie, Boiler liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]