:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 12.5 % :cry: 12.5 % :🤗 12.5 %
I spent much of the ten years prior to 2016 trolling and mocking the far-right on social media, I dismissed them as cranks, too absurd to be much of a threat to anybody. Then one of them murdered Jo Cox and Brexit happened and the jokes weren't funny any more.
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... chool.html
This momentarily put the notice server off her train of thought, but she soon rallied and began to rant about, you guessed it, Common Law. “Under Common Law, if you have the children injected within your school, and any damage is done to these children, you will be held personally liable”. How? Do they have an equally gaga legal team ready to go?
From the comments:
Is taking the piss out of people who clearly aren't well not the kind of thing that's usually reserved for ignoramuses on the right? Seriously, what the f*ck is going on?
Welsh FOTL eejit gets himself a nice 28 day jail term.

Defendant attempts citizen's arrest on judge during assault trial

Daniel Hughes said he did not recognised the court's jurisdiction and jumped onto the judge's desk in an attempt to get his hands on him

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... e-21694156
In his absence a Neath Port Talbot council enforcement officer told the court how he had been sent to Hughes' home in July this year after Hughes had failed to pay an outstanding parking fine and had also failed to respond to correspondence about the issue which had been sent to him.
Going from a parking fine to going to jail for four weeks for contempt of court is somewhat impressive, but not exactly uncommon for his ilk.
Belief that the concept relies on surveillance, and is too accommodating of cyclists and pedestrians, because as any fule kno, real man drive big car go vroom lots make willy bigger. Plus the idea that cities in general have been taken over by That Lot, hence their street food and culture and young people and refusal to back Brexit.
By Yug
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:25 am Belief that the concept relies on surveillance, and is too accommodating of cyclists and pedestrians, because as any fule kno, real man drive big car go vroom lots make willy bigger. Plus the idea that cities in general have been taken over by That Lot, hence their street food and culture and young people and refusal to back Brexit.
Add in a dollop of 'new and different', which are always red flags to some (less intelligent) people.
It's just people who are still 14 years old and can't grasp that rights and responsibilities are two sides of the same coin. So when the grown ups are forced to impose more and more house rules due to selfish and disrespectful behaviour, they just stamp their feet and whine about how it's all unfair.
Like most irrational campaigns, it's fertile ground for exploitation by bad faith actors from the far right.
Spoonman, zuriblue liked this
Boiler wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 am This seems to be the latest thing to get het up about - the "15 minute city".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-66324242

What's the deal here?
Every Englishman's right to have a 2 hour journey to his barber is enshrined in Magner Carter.

Or something.
Try kite flying: ID cards and cashless society might be a price worth paying to do our bit to weed out illegal immigrants working cash in hand.
So far every headbanger I’ve suggested it to has been silent on the proposal as it requires holding more than one idea in their brains.
Both of those*, plus post-2008 fear of the banks going under, hence the sock drawer attitude. Plus a veneer of "I want you to keep your cashier job" faux-philanthropy. Having worked in retail, shelf stacking was a pleasure compared to staffing the counter.

*Nowadays I'm teaching management, and supermarket loyalty cards are an example I use for explaining Lean management. Rather than asking customers to fill in surveys or attend market research events, all you need to do is look at the data gathered - exactly what's being bought at each store, by whom, and when**. I'm not sure if banks can share account details (aside from the basics needed to complete the transaction) with stores, but in all honesty why would they need to? Just from the receipt the store knows all it needs to know.

Piers Corbyn there coming across very much like Alan Partridge escaping with the cheese.

**Several years ago my mum got a bit of extra cash or points from a market research agency by telling them each week what she had bought and where, via a phone call. Even as a kid it made me laugh that it was always brand names (e.g. Winalot over own brand dog food), and that anything embarrassing (such as when school home economics insisted on us bringing in Angel Delight or blocks of lard) was omitted.
Whatever happened to the idea of that if you don't like the way a business conducts itself in a certain manner like accepting only card payments to settle transactions, that you take your custom elsewhere? Yes, there are issues where you would otherwise have no control over like the colour of your skin or having a notable disability needs to be regulated by law, but having a difference of political opinion or that you always want to pay in cash are not a case of "protected classes" and I can't think of any reason why they should be.

Freedom in this sense cuts both ways - it's entirely fair for any business to settle transactions as they see fit as long as it's within the law, and that they make this clear beforehand which Aldi appear to do here.

I'd like to see the nuttier Corbyn brother** pull up to one of the self-serving petrol pumps locally about here getting stumped when it asks you to inset your credit or debit card for reading before filling up. If he went to the one at Asda in Enniskillen where he otherwise marched up from the pumps to the service desk inside the store, slamming down a load of tenners, more likely than not he'd be taken by goons to be chucked into the Erne.

** I'll give Jeremy a fair pass this time.
Killer Whale wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:59 pm Ironic that tracking the user's movements is one of the fundamentals of the Oyster system.
It's been so long since I bought my Oyster card that I can't remember if you had to give your details to acquire one - I knew someone who topped his up with cash at ticket offices "because he didn't want to be tracked".

Errrr... CCTV?

The French government knew my past movements because I have a (now-expired) Navigo Découverte card in my wallet...
I do wonder about the reasoning behind barbers and such places being cash only (and whether they should just have a sign saying 'MONEY WASHED HERE ') but never have I given a second's thought to the idea that George Soros is bothered whether I spent half an hour in the Wellington or the Colmore.*

*Birmingham city centre public houses, m'lord, frequented by the real ale fraternity.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]