:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 12.5 % :cry: 12.5 % :🤗 12.5 %
I do wonder about the reasoning behind barbers and such places being cash only (and whether they should just have a sign saying 'MONEY WASHED HERE ')

Bad credit or are bankrupts, there’s no economic advantage in pissing off potential punters by telling them to go to the cash point.
Back in my librarian days, we frequently had people coming in and asking for books or time online, only to say they refused to share any personal information with us.

Aside from explaining that part of the deal with borrowing books was taking out a library card and agreeing to the T&Cs, and that for all I cared they could have it in the name of Mickey Mouse as long as if we sent a letter to Mickey Mouse at the given address it'd reach him, I occasionally deflated them (easier in those pre-big data days) by informing them that nobody fucking cared about their personal browsing history.

On the "crooks and illegal immigrants" line, I'm reminded of an anecdote by Mark Steel about how he was in a pub, and someone recognised him and started going on about immigrants and various ways they apparently broke the law and denied work to British workers and dabbled in crime and all the rest of it. Anyway, after a while, Steel goes "Well, I don't know how much of that is true, but you seem to know a lot", only for the guy's wife to cut in saying "He should know, he bloody uses them!".
I assume for the likes of Corbyn Snr it’s all related to his other nonsense: he believes himself to be privy to a truth the rest of us are too sheep-like to perceive, ergo he is special, ergo ‘the man’ would like to track him.

This, of course, ignoring the fact that his face will have been recorded as he withdrew the cash at a machine, his bank will note the transaction, and he made a point of voluntarily recording this (and all manner of other stunts) on social media, so anyone who wanted to know where he was would have little trouble doing so.

Still, a change from the P. Hitchens brand of ranting against self-service type situations which is mainly based in laziness and liking the concept of ‘being served’.
davidjay liked this
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:04 pm This, of course, ignoring the fact that his face will have been recorded as he withdrew the cash at a machine, his bank will note the transaction, and he made a point of voluntarily recording this (and all manner of other stunts) on social media, so anyone who wanted to know where he was would have little trouble doing so.
Many of his ilk would describe everyone else not like them doing such a similar act as "virtue signalling". :geek:

Edit: Just to add, there are fair reasons at least for now for cash payments to still be made commonly available for everyone in the same breath as cashless payments being made increasingly available. The problem is that once the cranks get their claws into an otherwise reasonable campagin/issue and inevitably subvert it for their own ends, they end up driving almost everyone else away that openly supported the original issue/campaign as they don't want to be seen associated with said cranks. See in the past regarding FOTL/Sovereign Citizen eejits trying to hijack Occupy London, and pretty much anything the SWP has thrown themselves into.

That in turn can end up spurning rumours that the likes of Corbyn is actually a deep-cover psyop towards the goal of a cashless society! :twisted:
Latest thoughts from the very deep Russell Brand rabbit hole. This bloke sounds a bit of a fucking comedian

Speaking of releasing information, a fellow comic has been explaining why she hasn’t done that. Very expensive lawyers was her reply.
Katherine Ryan Says Famous TV Star Is A ‘Predator’ And Everyone In Industry Knows
https://igvofficial.com/katherine-ryan- ... 2OrmjoP7ps
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Channel 4 have cleared space in their schedule for a Dispatched "Special Investigation" tomorrow night. Internet rumour has it that Brand might well be the subject...
Another name being bandied about is that oily bastard Walliams, which is really up there with the arboreal habits of large ursines
Spoonman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:14 pm ... the goal of a cashless society!
They are today losing their minds over "Jones the lead boots" no longer being allowed to mow down Welsh children with absolute impunity.

That Mendacious Martha harridan was on the wireless this morning with an interesting line of what passes for questioning; she was oblivious to how many toads and bees might be saved while weighing up the "3 points : ragamuffin" corollary in what masquerades as her sleep-deprived mind. Some cunt was also given airtime to explain how driving at 20 MPH in built up areas would bankrupt the country.

(note to self: the Kreuzette winds up Radio Drei of a misty morn. I need to come to this and wean myself off that noxious shit.)
MisterMuncher wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:56 pm Another name being bandied about is that oily bastard Walliams, which is really up there with the arboreal habits of large ursines
Let's just say, my Spidey senses prickled when he ended up on one of Cowell's judging panels.
Detailed coverage of a what looks like a handful of protesters on the BBC site, all laced together with a claim that they have amassed huge numbers for their petition. The headline, "Protest march over 20mph law as petition tops 400k", seems geared towards amplifying the outrage.

Funnily enough, there is no mention of 40-odd thousand being on the Rejoin march in the capital. Wrong outrage, I suppose.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]