:laughing: 50 % :cry: 50 %
By Oboogie
Oh bugger.
I caught a bit of a report on the world service Tuesday night which suggested this might happen. It included a voxpop with Achterham* Netherlanders doing their best EDLer impressions (in better English of course!), spouting all the usual clichés, blaming foreigners and the EU for rising unemployment, falling living standards etc.
Very troubling.
Plus we've got French elections next year with Le Pen predicted to do better than previously, inevitably she's delighted with tonight's news. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/fr ... 023-11-22/

*Gammon
By Youngian
Wilders is very unlikely to assemble enough votes for a coalition government but his influence will be considerable. He’ll probably have to compromise if he wants to be PM like Meloni and leave foreign and EU affairs to a grown up. And stick to the domestic platform he was really elected on; being a cunt to Muslims and other non European immigrants.
Like Farage, he’s an avid free marketeer rather than a protectionist populist like most of the European hard right. And along with the Le Pens, Braverman and Patel, his parents grew up in colonies who returned to the mother country following post war ‘betrayal.’ His mother is Indonesian so ‘even one of them is saying what we’re thinking.’
By Youngian
Haven’t heard Wilders say anything the Tories now don’t.
Netherlands has been hit bad by online conspiracy and culture war politics gaining traction. A generous government scheme to buy up a small percentage of farms to reduce intensive nitrate pollution morphed into insane politics about replacement theory. The government needs the land to flood the country with immigrants at the behest of the EU and WEF, is the gist.
By Youngian
Will he be promising 350m extra Guilders every week for the Dutch health service? While still in the EU and Schengen perhaps Geert will send asylum seekers to the nearest non EU country, put them on a boat to Harwich.
Geert Wilders, the leader of the Netherlands’ far-right, anti-Islam Party for Freedom (PVV), has vowed to try to become prime minister and has said he is in favour of a referendum on the country’s EU membership after his party scored an unexpected and emphatic victory in Wednesday’s general election.
kreuzberger, Arrowhead liked this
By kreuzberger
Arithmetically-speaking, this AI-concocted aberration of politics-meets-Twin Peaks hasn't done as well as the fashy mob in Poland, yet we are all supposed to clutching our pearls. Unless I am missing something, he needs to find enough coalition partners to double his representation and lay claim to the top job. Is that remotely possible?

I guess that the principle shock is that so many Cloggies have lent him their vote. They are supposed to be a beacon of tolerance, after all.
By Tubby Isaacs
Not a particularly flattering pair of Wilders supporters here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... s-election

One liked Wilders because of housing and free transport for the elderly. I wonder if she didn't know any other policies and just voted to stick it to the man (and asylum seekers).
By Youngian
mattomac wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:41 am Climate migration is going be a boom for far right populists at least somehow the bloke in Spain got back in.
You’d think far right populists would be passionate about policies to prevent climate change but too thick to join the dots. And beneath the surface they want the chaos not solutions.
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]