By Andy McDandy
Yes, and all this spitfire and lions crap just underlines that. It's just so dull, so boringly macho, so devoid of anything resembling fun or humour.

My late dad used to say that the reason WW2 and the 1966 world cup final were so stuck in the English psyche was because they were the last times you could point to something and say, without qualification, that yes, "we" did a good. So it became an all-purpose shut-down. "England isn't what it used to be... - "Yeah but we won the war". "Germany's economy is outpacing ours..." - "Yeah but two world wars and one world cup".

Some of you may remember that during the lockdowns, there were people arrested for travelling outside danger areas to visit pubs in the less restricted locales. Also, when restrictions were lifted wholesale, there was a sudden influx of people to their local boozers.

The photos in the press were most amusing. The pubs weren't convivial community hubs full of all sorts rubbing shoulders while mein host poured pint after pint of foaming nut-brown ale. Nor were they energetic pits of hedonism where attractive young people washed down exotic drinks while dancing to hot Latin beats. No, they were grim looking boozers full of grim looking men, nursing their pints, alone. Men who you just knew would rather be down the pub than putting up with her indoors nagging and doing their head in. Men to whom phrases such as "Shut up, I'm trying to watch this", or "I wanna speak to a man" came naturally. Dullards.

And you can see it in these AI images - territorial, aggressive, and ruining it for everyone else. Would you actually want to be in that pub?
Abernathy, Son Of Hand, Dalem Lake and 4 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]