:laughing: 100 %
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm Just been to cast my vote. I had to laugh when I saw the name of the Reform candidate - Russell Winston Armstrong. He is the only candidate to have his middle name included on the ballot paper.
Suspect Mr Orpen-Smellie will romp home.
Attachments
IMG_6299.jpeg
IMG_6299.jpeg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 327 times
By Watchman
Mid-term? Seeing as unless a GE is called, Parliament will automatically be dissolved on 17th Dec 2024. You would think the Chairman of the party would understand timelines. He probably thinks every time you change PM the 5 years starts again

Heart goes out' to losing Tories, says Holden
Conservative Party chairman Richard Holden who we heard from earlier has also been speaking to BBC Breakfast.

He says his "heart goes out" to Tory colleagues who have lost their seats overnight.

"Overall a disappointing night for us but that's what you expect from parties in mid-term of government," he adds.
Last edited by Watchman on Fri May 03, 2024 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
The PCC elections aren't going very well for the Tories. Only win so far is Lincolnshire.

Labour won Avon and Somerset despite large Green and Lib Dem votes. In a sense, the Tories were hard done by because Bristol had its turnout boosted by council elections. But fuck it, they changed the electoral system to favour themselves.
By Nigredo
Crabcakes wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:45 am Re: Binface - we could, and indeed for far too many years have, done a lot worse
He did the Jello Biafra thing of having largely agreeable comedy policies but sprinkling in the odd actual decent idea as well. I was saddened that Tory tom-fuckery with FPTP led to having to cast my vote for Khan to be certain that Susan (the scary woman of White) Hall was kept out.

I haven't yet caught up with my dad about which cryptofascist he voted for. I wonder if he went for the borderline Nazi.
By Tubby Isaacs
Fuck's sake. Why say this? I'll be generous and assume it means "Hamas launching the war" has created a political problem that's helped Street. But there are less generous readings.
Labour are briefing they believe they are on course for defeat in the West Midlands mayoral race, with support for independent candidate Akhmed Yakoob, who stood on a pro-Gaza ticket, a major factor.

A senior party source said: "It’s the Middle East, not West Midlands, that will have won [Conservative candidate] Andy Street the mayoralty. Once again Hamas are the real villains."
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 pm Ah, the Independent who took a lot of votes is a pal of Galloway. Fuck him.

But still not wise to say that at all.
Yeah I agree. Personally I'm worried about what will happen in a general election will thse same voters back Galloway candidates then.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]