:laughing: 100 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Another poll for WM Mayor. The Independent is apparently running on Palestine, and challenging Shabana Mahmood in Ladywood in the General Election. If the result is like this poll, he'll probably get a fair bit of attention. But the Tory vote, even with Street distancing himself looks a bit high.

By mattomac
Youngian wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 am Labour youthquake here at last. Courtesy of boring old fuddy-duddy Sir Keir. Worrying how high the far right poll with the under 30s in some European countries but not here thank goodness.
Possibly down to the incumbent in some places.

Cameron didn’t have a bad youth vote, I remember people in my University class who liked him and were voting Tory, strangely all the Conservatives I followed when I worked at Swansea have now become Labour.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 am Labour youthquake here at last. Courtesy of boring old fuddy-duddy Sir Keir. Worrying how high the far right poll with the under 30s in some European countries but not here thank goodness.
I wonder if it was Brexit that did the work among young voters for Jez rather than his radical idealism. Lucky more of them didn't know his history on the issue.
By davidjay
mattomac wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm
Possibly down to the incumbent in some places.

Cameron didn’t have a bad youth vote, I remember people in my University class who liked him and were voting Tory, strangely all the Conservatives I followed when I worked at Swansea have now become Labour.
That was round about the time that the Tories were seen as the party of aspiration and Labour were suffering from 18-30s never knowing a Tory government.
By slilley
Was talking to friend in Epsom last night who said he had seen a poll for the Surrey PCC election with the Lib Dem candidate leading, Labour second and the tories a poor third.

If that pans out then it really would cause ructions in the Parliamentary Conservative Party and Graham Brady's postman could need a larger sack.

Simon
By Tubby Isaacs
The Tories did awfully in Surrey in the yougov MRP recently. Scroll down for the constituency map with projections on. Not just the seats where the Lib Dems are ahead, but the ones where the Tories are vulnerable to tactical voting. Sadly Claire Coutihno is probably safe in East Surrey.

So I think they'd be in a lot of trouble if they hadn't changed the voting system, but they've got a good chance of winninng under FPTP, because policing isn't a classic Lib Dem thing.

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/ ... -400-seats
By Malcolm Armsteen
Interestingly, Who Targets Me reports that
a) Susan Hall's ad spend on social media is some way below Khan's, and
b) the Lib Dems have spent nothing.

Does that mean a passive alliance Lib/Lab?

By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 pm Street has been running a desperate and hostile attack-based campaign that smells strongly of fear and is undoubtedly a reflection of the desperation the Tories, particularly in the West Midlands, are feeling, like cornered rats. They've taken to referring to Richard Parker as "Labour's novice candidate" - seriously, is that really going to impress even one wavering erstwhile Tory ?

It has got "defeat" running through it like the word "Blackpool" through a stick of rock.

He is going down (oo-err), he knows it, and, sorry Tubbs, but he fucking deserves it.

The latest ones are "Labour doesn't care about Solihull", which if they're worried about that particular 'blue rosette on a donkey' area means they're fucked.
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm What's this, I love 1990? When the Tories got killed in the local elections but diverted attenton to a couple of places with very low poll tax.

Seb still doesn't have a seat btw.

"And who scored the goal?" syndrome.

Doesn't matter that you answered all the other questions correctly; you didn't know one tiny bit of trivia so you may as well have scored nothing.
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 pm What's this, I love 1990? When the Tories got killed in the local elections but diverted attenton to a couple of places with very low poll tax.

Seb still doesn't have a seat btw.

and Seb's missed an opportunity there to big-up another gobshite standing for mayor: not content with being Leader of Notts County Council, and MP for Mansfield, Ben Bradley is also standing for the new role of mayor for the East Midlands, (says East Mids, but its only Notts and Derby)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]