:laughing: 71.4 % 🧥 14.3 % :🤗 14.3 %
By Nigredo
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-er ... -hastings/

For what it's worth, Max Hastings is switching camp for the next election.

Will be interesting to see the shift in tone from the rabid commentary at Der Heily Telegraph press conglomeration.
Bones McCoy liked this
By Andy McDandy
Anna Soubry too. Hard to see what she might personally get out of it, so looks like she's just had enough.

As for Hastings, the nutter brigade will insist he was never really one of the chaps - remember the diss piece he did on Big Shite Al?
By Bones McCoy
Nigredo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:43 am https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-er ... -hastings/

Will be interesting to see the shift in tone from the rabid commentary at Der Heily Telegraph press conglomeration.
Really interesting piece, worth the 5-10 minutes it takes to read.

Hastings is a good communicator, knows enough history and has seen enough.
He knows that the present incarnation of the Tories will only repeat mistakes of the past.
The sort of disastrous mistakes that should have been learned from.
The sort break nations and cast lives aside.
mattomac liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:54 am Anna Soubry too. Hard to see what she might personally get out of it, so looks like she's just had enough.

As for Hastings, the nutter brigade will insist he was never really one of the chaps - remember the diss piece he did on Big Shite Al?
The nutters at ConservativeHome will replace Sunak's name with Hastings in their "Not a proper Conservative" comments.
By Nigredo
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:23 am
Nigredo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:43 am https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-er ... -hastings/

Really interesting piece, worth the 5-10 minutes it takes to read.

Hastings is a good communicator, knows enough history and has seen enough.
He knows that the present incarnation of the Tories will only repeat mistakes of the past.
The sort of disastrous mistakes that should have been learned from.
The sort break nations and cast lives aside.
Indeed, and he seems to be casting a wider eye over it than some of his peers.

I had to roll my eyes at Rory Stewart's recent praise of Sunak, and concurrent criticism of Starmer. As much as I enjoy him denigrating the pork haystack, his sharp eye and tongue seems to be only for settling scores against those who've wronged him.
mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Steve Hilton here, from the deeply non-establishment Rupert Murdoch's news channel.

As an aside, my understanding of this issue is that if somebody from ISIL or Hamas or whoever blows themselves up on market day in Tel Aviv, then I'd call them a "terrorist". If they band together as an army and try and invade another country, they're "militants".

By Bones McCoy
mattomac wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:21 pm Never understood the love for Rory Stewart, he seems even more empty than Sunak.
Combine the good internationalist aspects of Stewart with the bad venal aspects of Johnson.
You end up with Lord Byron.

Is Stewart a cleaned up Byronic hero?
Youngian liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]