:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By Andy McDandy
And I thought that doing everything "Aussie Style"* was a sure fire recipe for success.

*A few years ago the S*n ran a piece titled "How to deal with Asylum Seekers - AUSSIE STYLE!", with a large picture of a boat being blown up. Now, whether this was an actual Australian anti-immigration tactic, or a boat used by asylum seekers or not is beside the point. The clearly gleeful report made it clear that the apparent "no nonsense" approach of the Australians was what was needed over here.

Not really surprising considering Murdoch's origins, but the enthusiasm for anything "Aussie style" can be charted through his publications. An image of a down to earth country, no airs and graces, no "mucking about", no pooftahs (to quote Python), good weather, endless barbecues, predominantly white.

See also "Australian style points based immigration system".
kreuzberger, Nigredo liked this
By kreuzberger
When in the "sign-off" interview with the lead investor for my current role, the chap drawled, "We're from Austrawyia, you'll not go to your grave wondering what we thought."

Response, "Ahm fae fuckin' Glesga, pal. Ah'll fuckin' put you in there first."

A risky strategy, I'm sure we can all agree on that, but it worked and we get along just fine.
Nigredo liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
kreuzberger wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:22 pm Is he another of these bristlingly self-confident but stodgily average Eton fuckwits? Fits the bill.

Nottingham High School (public school) the Oxford, where he read mediaeval history and mediaeval French, Noble subjects both, but of fuck all vocational value, though history is good for thinking. He must have been off sick that day.

Straight into the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Wiki wrote:Frost was promoted Economic Counsellor to the British Embassy, Paris, in 2001, where he was responsible for reporting and lobbying on all aspects of French economic and commercial life, together with its EU policy. He returned to London to be Head of the EU (Internal) Department and then Director for the European Union in the Foreign Office. In this period he led work on a range of economic and social issues, notably the resistance to the initial Working Time Directive, and the negotiation on the EU's multi-annual Budget framework. He was a member of the UK's leadership team during its EU Presidency in 2005
Hmm. I wonder why we were having trouble with the EU at that time?

Then sent to the Lords, adviser to Johnson, head EU negotiating weasel.
Never really shown any signs of outstanding talent. (In the terms of the FCO where some of the people are really talented.) But a genius in terms of Johnson's Tories, where the ability to put your underpants on without getting both legs in one hole is lauded to the rooftops.

And
Wiki again wrote:On 28 June 2020, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced his nomination of Frost for a life peerage and as UK National Security Adviser, succeeding Lord Sedwill. The Financial Times reported that this was unpopular with military and security services, who felt Frost was underqualified. The appointment received criticism from former Cabinet Secretary Lord O'Donnell and former National Security Adviser Lord Ricketts due to concerns that the Civil Service's impartiality was being eroded by appointing a special adviser in this role. The appointment was also criticised by previous PM Theresa May in Parliament, who highlighted its political nature, and said that Frost does not have proven expertise in national security.
Talent and experience not necessary, loyalty essential.

In short a timeserving career diplomat of the ordinary kind with a bee in his bonnet about Europe grounded in the policies of Henry V (or possibly Richard II) and a belief that the Song of Roland is top ten material. A man with the confidence of a goat on a donkey's back and the analytical and economic skills of a donkey with a goat on its back.
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]