:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By Yug
Simon Wolfson, the chief executive of the clothing and homeware retailer Next, has urged the government to make it easier to allow foreign workers into the UK and said this is “not the Brexit I wanted”.

The Conservative peer and Brexit supporter said the government was blocking much-needed workers from entering the UK, even though firms were desperate for labour.

“We have got people queueing up to come to this country to pick crops that are rotting in fields, to work in warehouses that otherwise wouldn’t be operable, and we’re not letting them in,” Lord Wolfson said in an interview with the BBC.

“In respect of immigration, it’s definitely not the Brexit that I wanted, or indeed, many of people who voted Brexit wanted,” he added...

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/20 ... rd-wolfson
If you believe the lies spoon-fed to you by a bunch of slick, glib con-artists, then trust a bunch of self-serving, totally amoral, unintelligent public school blowhards to deliver those lies, you ain't gonna get the Brexit you wanted, are you.

Twat
Watchman, Oboogie, Spoonman and 1 others liked this
By Youngian
Any ideas where this lack of respect is stemming from, John? He’s the same age as Stephen Hawking. His useful stuff was acknowledged by making him a professor. Botham was guest presenting Today, this week. He used to be respected when he swung a bat with his mouth closed.
Attachments
7391E147-D53E-4E01-90B9-831FB346D8AC.jpeg
7391E147-D53E-4E01-90B9-831FB346D8AC.jpeg (171.54 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:05 pm Why do so many former MEPs continue to use the phrase in their name?
Scummy deadbeats who humiliate children playing in an orchestra on their big day are unlikely to have many achievements in their joyless lives worth mentioning.
Watchman liked this
By Andy McDandy
Fairly sure that turning up with no paperwork and assuming that after the official photos were taken it'd be OK for you to bugger off to the bar didn't help either.

Also fairly sure that after finally hammering out a consensus approach with your cabinet colleagues and promising to support it, quitting your post and undermining it all just days later because you didn't want the hassle of sorting out a taxi from Chequers back to London didn't help either.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Yug
I can only repeat...

Civil Servants (or "Whitehall" as Dickhead Davis puts it) do not do *anything* off their own bat. If their negotiations were crap it's because the politician(s) who gave them their instructions were crap.

Yes, Davis, they were crap. But only because *you* are a totally useless incompetent shit.
By Youngian
Davis teamed up with Tony Benn for a ‘an evening with’ tour of provincial theatres. In case you were wondering where David’s excuse playbook came from. The commanding heights would have been under workers control if it wasn’t for Sir Humphrey. Expect Davis to blame the CIA for Brexit failure.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Andy McDandy
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:58 am Isn't Davis the one who was in the SAS?

If so, I wonder whether there's a super-secret F squadron; which never trains, never deploys abroad, and isn't permitted sharp objects.
The Very Special Forces.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:41 pm Davis teamed up with Tony Benn for a ‘an evening with’ tour of provincial theatres. In case you were wondering where David’s excuse playbook came from. The commanding heights would have been under workers control if it wasn’t for Sir Humphrey. Expect Davis to blame the CIA for Brexit failure.
The populist left love this sort of thing. Thinks people look at them better if they team up with some maverick rightwingers.

People just think “hmm, at least Tony Benn says what he thinks”. The populist right files it away in its memory bank to be produced later to their advantage. “See Brexit isn’t just right wing, Tony Benn blah blah”
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]