:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By Boiler
This'll be the Tom Harwood currently advertising biscuits, yes?

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... e-doa.html

Gammon Broadcasting News (“Bacon’s News Channel”), has been splashing the cash in order to assemble a singularly unappealing roster of generally right-leaning hosts and pundits
Now, I wouldn't necessarily have used that epithet against Simon McCoy myself?

Those matters aside; surely a gradual reduction in planetary population is a good thing?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:28 pm
Gammon Broadcasting News (“Bacon’s News Channel”), has been splashing the cash in order to assemble a singularly unappealing roster of generally right-leaning hosts and pundits
Well, we live and learn. See also Neil Oliver.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Note what Harwood actually says.

Developed countries, where the white people live, are facing population decline and attendant problems.

Other countries - the ones where the black, brown and yellow people live, are experiencing population growth.

It's about white supremacy on a global scale.
mattomac liked this
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:58 pm Note what Harwood actually says.

Developed countries, where the white people live, are facing population decline and attendant problems.

Other countries - the ones where the black, brown and yellow people live, are experiencing population growth.

It's about white supremacy on a global scale.
Nobody wants to fuck Tom Harwood.
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 pm
Well I'll be.

By RedSparrows
Boiler wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Well I'll be.

I only watched a few mins, skipped for another few, then another few.

Never ceases to amaze how dumb some clever people are. There is so much conceit here.

Edit: was a little hasty and hard. He says a few things that make sense, in a very general way. Everyone can be bad. History is not properly about pride or shame.

But he's talking to a regurgitating Sun journo who's asking if teachers the medja are to blame for putting us all in gulags, and he's not critiquing any of it. It's simultaneously informed and also bizarrely naieve.
Last edited by RedSparrows on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
Watched Neil Oliver presenting a gripping series on BBC4 about the Scottish clan wars. It reminded me of a fascinating documentary on CH4 about sign language development with Noam Chomsky. The connection being that academics can be like pub chain owners who should stay in their wheelhouse and stop embarrassing themselves as political pundits.
By Andy McDandy
I see it as a symptom of the need to fill space, which combined with a) a lack of actual reporting resources, and b) a desire for controversy to fuel ratings, means that producers will just get anyone the viewer may have heard of on. Hence you get the surreal scene last year of former model Caprice debating lockdown policy with an actual epidemiologist.

While it's true that many smart people have expertise in more than one area, it's also true that many famous people have expertise in none.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:04 am Watched Neil Oliver presenting a gripping series on BBC4 about the Scottish clan wars. It reminded me of a fascinating documentary on CH4 about sign language development with Noam Chomsky. The connection being that academics can be like pub chain owners who should stay in their wheelhouse and stop embarrassing themselves as political pundits.
I believe that in the common parlance that's
Lay off the politics luvvie, and do more helicopter shots of beaches.
By Youngian
Lay off the politics luvvie, and do more helicopter shots of beaches.

There’s a difference between Neil Oliver on rentaquote speed dial and celebs who are campaigners or know their subject; Hugh Grant on press intrusion or Patrick Kielty and the NI conflict for example.
Samanfur, Malcolm Armsteen, Oboogie and 2 others liked this
By Andy McDandy
Oh absolutely. But for every stalwart trouper of stage and screen who paid their dues and came up the hard way (TM), there's an out of touch luvvie with their head in the clouds and no idea about the real world (TM). All about perspective.
By The Red Arrow
Dunno where to leave this, might fit in here...

What's that sound like hundreds of gammon spurting tea all over their devices I can hear? :lol:

Alastair Campbell joins Good Morning Britain as host as he insists he’s ‘not the new Piers Morgan’

The former spokesman for the Labour Party will host the ITV morning show alongside Susanna Reid during Mental Health Awareness Week in May.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/29/alastair ... ouktwitter
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]