:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By davidjay
That was the perfect example of another analogy I read recently; Brexit was the equivalent of a late night pub argument between University of Life locals and argumentative students. The dead 'ard locals won the argument by threatening the poncey intellectuals into fleeing and spent the rest of the night laughing at how they chased them fukkin wankas away. Then a couple of days later, when they'd all sobered up, a couple of the more reasonable locals realised that threatening a few kids wasn't all that clever and maybe they did have a point after all. At which time the last thing the students should have done was walk back in with their sense of morality burnished and their mouths in overdrive.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:41 pm You hold onto that thought, mate.
Sadly he's already moved on to comparing Sunak with Neville Chamberlain.

A couple of MPs seem to be stirring v any deal too. I thought they'd been rather quiet because they belatedly understood that the public were fed up with how long the oven ready deal had taken.
By Yug
It's probably wrong of me, but I do derive great pleasure from telling these cretins now suffering the consequences of their own actions "We told you so".

Project Fear? Or a reasonable list of likely outcomes compiled by people who aren't complete idiots? You decide.
By Youngian
Former South West Green MEP Molly Scott-Cato was barracked by Cornish farmers for not telling them all about the Brexit bad stuff and was partly to blame.

You needed to move a bit more furniture around to have predicted loss of economic confidence, interest rate rises and Tory implosion but not much. That was just a question of whether economics mattered anymore and people now just voted for ‘cultural issues.’ That view is looking like gargantuan bollocks.
By MisterMuncher
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:00 am
Youngian wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:41 am A five minute Google would have advised Sarah not to bet the house on Brexit. Sarah is a fucking idiot.
Person who "did her own research" grumbles that "nobody told me"...
The same people who wanted out of the EU because it was a hidebound, rule obsessed bureaucracy also apparently thought the same EU would just quietly stop enforcing its own rules with no reciprocation or even discussion as they applied to "ex pats".

This isn't cognitive dissonance, it's thinking in tritones
Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
And was fucking obvious to most of us long in advance...

[I want to visit #2 son in Copenhagen. To do so will mean that I have to sacrifice time in France because of the 90 day rule for third party countries. Which the EU offered to waive, but Frosty said no...]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]