:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By Boiler
Well, here's a Brexit benefit we can all drink to:

Wine definition to be watered down in post-Brexit move (links to: BBC)

Under rules the UK inherited from the EU, wine typically has to contain at least 8.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) to be marketed as such.

It means low and alcohol-free versions have to be sold as a "wine-based drink", or a similar product name.

That rule will now be scrapped in England next year.

The change is part of a wider package of measures designed to boost British winemaking in the wake of the UK's exit from the EU.

The government says Brexit presents a "unique opportunity" to review "overly complex" EU-era regulations governing the sector.
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:29 am So British consumers are going to be chiseled with watered down wine. I’m starting to wonder if Mr Gove wasn’t being honest in 2016 when he claimed can have higher standards by leaving the EU.
I read a post elsewhere saying "this is not a problem* as it allowed what said poster termed as "edge-case" wines to be sold as wine.

Mind you, he is a Tory.

A mate of mine, upon my telling him this retorted "Get back to me when it's on the shelves at Monoprix Vaugirard"...
By Andy McDandy
Decent wine if you can afford it. Sell the shit to the poor. That's why they don't like trading standards - not because it stops them making money, but because it stops them offloading crap onto people who can't effectively complain.
Malcolm Armsteen, Spoonman, Boiler and 1 others liked this
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:29 am Today's winner is the Institute of Economic Affairs. At first looks plausible, until you realise that the first chart (current prices) doesn't include inflation. The chart int the second slide does. And it shows decline in exports.

It’s only the Express that bothers to try this shit on anymore. https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... crease-IEA
Attachments
IMG_5134.jpeg
IMG_5134.jpeg (150.52 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
By Youngian
Perhaps the local fishermen can make up the shortfall from their booming trade.
Cornwall Council has confirmed that the money it receives from the government to replace EU grants following Brexit will run out in a month’s time, leaving over £230m of fund applications by Cornish communities and businesses unmet.

The council’s shadow cabinet member for economy has said this is “devastating” and has accused the government of lying to Cornwall.

The government confirmed in 2021 that “total funding through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (SPF) will at a minimum match the size of EU funds in each nation and in Cornwall each year” and it was estimated that “no worse off” equated to an average of £100 million a year for the Duchy until 2025, with an additional three years to complete the spend of the investment. In reality, Cornwall has received around £43m a year. https://www.radioexe.co.uk/news-and-fea ... -runs-out/
By Tubby Isaacs
mattomac wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:21 am Hopefully a reckoning is coming for those bastards down there, I won’t hold my breath
I think could be a very big factor. Not to say that everybody will say "we shouldn't have voted for Brexit" or anything, but doesn't matter too much. It's possible the Tories could be wiped out in Cornwall by tactical voting, but it's more like that they hold at least 2 constituencies.

I'm amazed how the Government haven't come up with that money. £100m isn't really that much in Treasury terms. They dug the political trap themselves and then jumped into it.
By Youngian
I'm amazed how the Government haven't come up with that money. £100m isn't really that much in Treasury terms. They dug the political trap themselves and then jumped into it.

There was enough Brexit true believers in the government who genuinely expected Brussels payments would be like Chavez’s oil revenue wallet that would buy everyone a free round for ever.
Johnson being an exception, he didn’t know or care if there was any money. As long as people believe you when you bullshit them that there is jam tomorrow, then job done.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]