:sunglasses: 23.5 % :laughing: 64.7 % :cry: 11.8 %
By Youngian
Dyson strayed far from his wheelhouse during the EURef and he probably still has no understanding of the consequences of the nonsense he was espousing. Obviously a thin skinned man with a high opinion of himself and a short memory of his reshoring claims he said Brexit would make possible.
Mirror article accusing James Dyson of ‘screwing country’ was ‘vitriolic’, libel trial told

In the article, columnist Brian Reade referred to Sir James as “the vacuum cleaner tycoon who championed Vote Leave due to the economic opportunities it would bring to British industry before moving his global head office to Singapore”.
He continued: “Kids, talk the talk but then screw your country and if anyone complains, tell them to suck it up.” https://pressgazette.co.uk/media_law/mi ... bel-trial/
By Abernathy
My pledge never to purchase another Dyson product (we've got one of his vaccuum cleaners) has held fast ever since, helped more than just a little by Dyson's exrcuciatingly eye-watering price points - . 400 quid - for a fucking hairdryer !!!!!
By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:20 am My pledge never to purchase another Dyson product (we've got one of his vaccuum cleaners) has held fast ever since, helped more than just a little by Dyson's exrcuciatingly eye-watering price points - . 400 quid - for a fucking hairdryer !!!!!
True beleavers though...
At that price i must be the best hairdryer to cure Covid.
By Bones McCoy
Sir James Dyson loses libel claim against Daily Mirror publisher

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... vfQWX-yL5o
Sir James Dyson has lost his libel claim against the publisher of the Daily Mirror.

The inventor was suing Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) for libel over an article published in January 2022.

Sir James told court the article was "a personal attack on all that I have done and achieved in my lifetime and is highly distressing and hurtful".

Mr Justice Jay dismissed the claims. MGN said the judgement upheld "the right of columnists" to share opinions.

Mr Justice Jay said: "In the present case the claimant cannot demonstrate that he has suffered financial loss as a result of these publications.

"Nor can he show that his philanthropic work, particularly directed to young people and schools, has been harmed in any way."
Oboogie, Spoonman liked this
By Spoonman
Without having read Brian Reade's article in question & just going by the Beeb's report, there didn't appear to be anything that Reade said that wasn't rooted in fact. Smells like what the Yanks call a SLAPP suit that Dyson tried to play and if that's the case, a good result & I hope he has to pay all costs.
mattomac liked this
By satnav
I see that the usual suspects are crowing at the fact that growth in Britain could overtake growth in Germany in the next few years thus proving that Brexit was a good idea after all. The only problem with this particular argument is that Germany is one of our key trading partners so any slump in the German economy is likely hit British companies that export to Germany. But as usual most Brexit Fuckwits can't see beyond the end of their noses.
Spoonman liked this
By Andy McDandy
Catherine McBride is an economist with 19 years' experience working in financial services, primarily trading financial, equity and commodity derivatives.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a6a5a573-c ... 0e77af8171
By Malcolm Armsteen
What we all knew, confirmed.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52491.html
Smarter’ people were more likely to have voted to remain in the European Union, a new study has claimed.

Research from the University of Bath’s School of Management found that cognitive skills including memory, verbal fluency, fluid reasoning and numerical reasoning, were correlated with how people decided to vote.

The research used a nationally representative sample of 6,366 individuals from 3,183 couples collected as part of a large survey called Understanding Society.

They found that, of the people with the lowest cognitive ability, only 40% voted Remain, whereas 73% of those with the highest cognitive ability voted Remain.

“This study adds to existing academic evidence showing that low cognitive ability makes people more susceptible to misinformation and disinformation,” lead author Dr Chris Dawson said.
By kreuzberger
The English have long-since lost their appetite for seafood. Good luck to June Mummery and her isolationist mates in trying to export their spoils to a market which would pay handsomely.

In other news, when I flew to the UK last June, the shit-slick extended halfway across the channel. It was horrifying.
By davidjay
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:08 pm The English have long-since lost their appetite for seafood. Good luck to June Mummery and her isolationist mates in trying to export their spoils to a market which would pay handsomely.

In other news, when I flew to the UK last June, the shit-slick extended halfway across the channel. It was horrifying.
Yet another metaphor. What a fucking country.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]