By Tubby Isaacs
I would expect a few Citizens of Nowhere live in Chesham and Amersham. It's not the most obvious place to move to because you can't get on the housing ladder in London, but you might move there if you are on it with a small flat and fancy a small house with a garden. Or you might be from there and quite like going to London (for work or leisure).
By The Rationalist
There are a surprisingly large number of them. High earning young to middle aged professionals with young children decamping for schooling, space. It is insufferably smug in many ways but they are also mostly completely woke! Wall to wall X5's and picture perfect families with yummy mummies and daddies and lots of Hugo's and Charlottes!
Tubby Isaacs, Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I don't think a pact is a goer. Trust people to know who's the closest non-Tory where they live. If they want to transfer, then they will. There's always going to be "irreconcilables"- see the 622 Labour voters in Chesham and Amersham, to take an extreme example. Are many of those going Lib Dem if Labour don't run?

The downside of a pact is that the Tories will get their voters out on the back of it.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 pm If this trend from Tory to LD accelerates what do the Tories do about it? Warning them they’re letting in dangerous Marxist Starmer by the back door isn’t going to wash.
Last time it was a problem, they invited them into coalition.
By Arrowhead
The latest YouGov MRP numbers suggest the Lib Dems could end up winning a couple of dozen of seats from the Tories, almost exclusively across southern England. The only downside is Rees-Mogg somehow clings on in NE Somerset, due to a split LD-LAB vote.

The latest numbers also suggest a few dozen other Tory seats being turned into Tory/LD marginals:

By mattomac
I bet Johnson coming out with let’s do “Crossrail 2” went down like a bowl of sick in Wimbledon.

So I can see that, they will take St Ives as the Labour vote was momentum heavy so I assume enough will splinter to the LDs but no doubt some will go to the Greens.

As for Cornwall, Truro and Falmouth I am sure will go Labour.
By Tubby Isaacs
Surprising to see there was a LD-Con swing last time in St Ives, despite Labour voters from 2017 mostly going tactical. I suppose there was a rump of old-style Eurosceptic West Country Lib Dems, who used to vote for them because they made promises about scrapping the Common Fisheries Policy.
By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:08 pm I think that looks a bit optimistic. Surrey as the new Cornwall? Believe it when I see it.
That was my impression as well tbh. Ten years from now, perhaps. But still a lot of fun to look at, nonetheless ;)

But if these projections only prove to be 50% accurate, that still spells big problems for the Tories across much the south.
mattomac liked this
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:26 pm Surprising to see there was a LD-Con swing last time in St Ives, despite Labour voters from 2017 mostly going tactical. I suppose there was a rump of old-style Eurosceptic West Country Lib Dems, who used to vote for them because they made promises about scrapping the Common Fisheries Policy.
Yeah I was surprised it changed, I do think the LDs would be well advised to find someone new mind.
By Tubby Isaacs
Think that's a bit unfair. David Cameron had 306 MPs, Clegg had 57. They inherited plans from Labour in 2010. Cameron could easily have driven that forward if i was important to him. Setting up nuclear power is seriously expensive, and I think Cameron and Osborne were happy to avoid while they were fixated on their financial targets. Anyway, the Lib Dems stopped opposing in 2013. No reason why that couldn't be very close to completion now.
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:26 pm Surprising to see there was a LD-Con swing last time in St Ives, despite Labour voters from 2017 mostly going tactical. I suppose there was a rump of old-style Eurosceptic West Country Lib Dems, who used to vote for them because they made promises about scrapping the Common Fisheries Policy.
The Labour vote is Or was momentum heavy down there so didn’t surprise me.
By Tubby Isaacs
It's been a while since they've been posted about. Here they are in Woking, turning down a tower block of affordable housing. People will be saved from ghettoisation by having to move out of Surrey and the South East altogether, or being homeless.

It's part of a bigger proposed development of high rise buildings. I think it sounds like a great idea, subject to fire safety. The Tories locally seem to be more positive than the Lib Dems, but it would doubtless be leveraged into an attack across the Blue Wall by Sunak, Hunt and co.

Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]