:sunglasses: 26.9 % :pray: 15.4 % :laughing: 30.8 % :cry: 26.9 %
By Samanfur
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:18 pm https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... reg-abbott
Texas governor signs extreme six-week abortion ban into law
Senate Bill 8 bars abortion at six weeks with no exception for rape or incest, amounting to a near-total ban
This stuff is not popular in the US generally.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... oe-v-wade/
Plenty of women don't even know that they're pregnant by that stage (I was just over five weeks in, myself). Add in the hoops that women already have to jump through in places like that - the insistence on making them listen to the heartbeat first, the amount of literature they get handed, the waiting period, the fact it can be argued that they're making a snap decision (despite the fact that they haven't any other choice) etc. - and that is pretty much a total ban.
Last edited by Samanfur on Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs, Nigredo liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Quite. But I'm not sure it will pass the Supreme Court in Texas (due to Roe v Wade), and I'm not sure the Supreme Court of the USA will overturn that.

Public opinion doesn't face that way, as noted.
By Bones McCoy
Back again:

I'm shocked to have found myself on the same side of the fence as Ben Shapiro (Edgelord arsehole dwarf) twice today.

Subjects in question:
* Bunch of armed far rightists urging "action against synagogues" or soemthing.
* MT Greene aka the Qanon Rep, or leatherface: who compared mask rearing to the Shoah (and also the end times).

I was about to cleanse myself in a bleach Jacuzzi when I reasoned that today he's maybe the third most unhinged bastard in his failed state.
I occasionally hold out hope that grifters like him will see sense and settle down to their day jobs.
But then I figure the lure of the grift $$$ trumps any possible sanity.
By MisterMuncher
He immediately followed the remarks about Greene to accuse AOC etc of tacit support for Hamas, which was both worser and badder.

So yeah.
By Bones McCoy
Cyclist wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:27 am What could possibly go wrong?

Texas legislators have passed a bill which would allow most people to carry concealed handguns without a permit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57239610

The Death Cult (and toll) keeps on growing.
When you have shooting numbers like the USA, any resulting rise can be dismissed as a statistical anomaly.
By The Weeping Angel
100 years ago the Tulsa race massacre happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -terrorism
Between 31 May-1 June, white residents, peace officers, and soldiers attacked the historical Greenwood district of Tulsa, Oklahoma, known as the “Black Wall Street”, killing an estimated 300 residents, displacing upwards of 1,000 more, and inflicting irrevocable economic damage to a thriving business district created by and for Black Americans. It’s believed to have been the first time that bombs were dropped on an American community, and the actions undertaken by the white marauders, who received significant resistance from both everyday Black civilians and soldiers recently returned from the first world war, wasn’t taught in Oklahoma school books and barely mentioned in national textbooks for generations afterwards.

As Blacks were recklessly and wantonly raped, murdered, and driven from hard-earned homes and businesses, the cover-up by local and state government representatives was chillingly efficient. Survivors and their descendants held out hope across generations that the full truth of what happened to Black Tulsans would be acknowledged, and recompense would come. A century later, thanks to the last three survivors of the Tulsa Massacre and the descendants of those who were killed or survived the violence, the full horror may finally be understood
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
I'd vaguely heard rumours of it but didn't know that much about it. The TV series of Watchmen did a good job of dramatising it.

There are several occasions in America's race relations history that just seem to beggar belief given their scale. I remember reading about one (Sam Hose) where when news of his imminent murder reached Atlanta, crowds swarmed onto trains to get to witness it. Yep, extra trains put on to facilitate a murder.
Oboogie liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:10 pm I'd vaguely heard rumours of it but didn't know that much about it. The TV series of Watchmen did a good job of dramatising it.

There are several occasions in America's race relations history that just seem to beggar belief given their scale. I remember reading about one (Sam Hose) where when news of his imminent murder reached Atlanta, crowds swarmed onto trains to get to witness it. Yep, extra trains put on to facilitate a murder.
That period of American history wasn't known as the nadir of race relations for nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir_of_ ... _migration

Sadly Tulsa wasn't an isolated incident

Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Bones McCoy
The Weeping Angel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:42 pm 100 years ago the Tulsa race massacre happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -terrorism
Between 31 May-1 June, white residents, peace officers, and soldiers attacked the historical Greenwood district of Tulsa, Oklahoma, known as the “Black Wall Street”, killing an estimated 300 residents, displacing upwards of 1,000 more, and inflicting irrevocable economic damage to a thriving business district created by and for Black Americans. It’s believed to have been the first time that bombs were dropped on an American community, and the actions undertaken by the white marauders, who received significant resistance from both everyday Black civilians and soldiers recently returned from the first world war, wasn’t taught in Oklahoma school books and barely mentioned in national textbooks for generations afterwards.

As Blacks were recklessly and wantonly raped, murdered, and driven from hard-earned homes and businesses, the cover-up by local and state government representatives was chillingly efficient. Survivors and their descendants held out hope across generations that the full truth of what happened to Black Tulsans would be acknowledged, and recompense would come. A century later, thanks to the last three survivors of the Tulsa Massacre and the descendants of those who were killed or survived the violence, the full horror may finally be understood
And the local press reported it as:

By Samanfur
Flynn is denying he said that, despite the fact that he blatantly said it on camera.

What he apparently meant, according to CNN, was that a Myanmar-style coup should never happen in the US.

They really do think that everyone's as dumb as their lowest common denominator followers.
By Malcolm Armsteen
East St Louis (1917) seems to have penetrated more outside of the USA. Or, at least, it was on the curriculum. Leaves a number of questions begged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_riots
By Cyclist
This could be expensive:

The NFL has said it will stop settling concussion lawsuits using a race-based formula that assumes black players have a lower level of cognitive function.

America's top-flight football league also pledged to review previous brain injury claims that have been settled via the practice known as race-norming.

Two black players filed a civil rights lawsuit over the practice.

More than 2,000 former NFL players have lodged dementia claims, but fewer than 600 have received compensation.

Lawyers say more than half of NFL retirees are black.

Attorneys have requested details on how NFL brain injury payouts have been apportioned along racial lines, but are yet to receive any details...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57336282

It would appear the whole country is a cesspit of racism.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]