:sunglasses: 28 % :pray: 12 % :laughing: 32 % :cry: 28 %
By davidjay
Boiler wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:27 pm An American once had a pop at me over Britain's record on race, but didn't like my reply of suggesting that I'll not be lectured by someone from a country that actively pursued apartheid..
I don't think we've ever had black people murdered because they wanted to be on the electoral roll.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:03 pm
Boiler wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:27 pm An American once had a pop at me over Britain's record on race, but didn't like my reply of suggesting that I'll not be lectured by someone from a country that actively pursued apartheid..
I don't think we've ever had black people murdered because they wanted to be on the electoral roll.
Nor laws prohibiting marriage between different races.

Nor is our modern housing "zoned" into racially profiled types.

And I cannot remember an instance of the British army campaigning in Europe (even WW2) where minorities deliberately crossed into British camps to request protection, work and release form local slave masters.
By Bones McCoy
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:37 pm I think it's fair to say that both Britain and America have race problems it's just their both different.
Nobody in their right mind would claim that Britain doesn't have race problems.
(Consider here whether the Tory government has ever been in its right mind).

Both nations problems have people who wish things go back to like they wuz.
The British ones are mostly queuing up at the post office on pension day, or shouting the odds on Question Time.
The American ones are organised into heavily armed paramilitaries, or calling the cops on peaceful families at the park.
By The Weeping Angel
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:27 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:37 pm I think it's fair to say that both Britain and America have race problems it's just their both different.

The British ones are mostly queuing up at the post office on pension day, or shouting the odds on Question Time.
The American ones are organised into heavily armed paramilitaries, or calling the cops on peaceful families at the park.
Or racially abusing pub doormen

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/24/birmingh ... -14634074/
By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Or are the cops.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:40 am Hey, Californians! Now you too can blow each other away with assault rifles after a 30-year ban...

Federal Judge Overturns California’s 3-Decade-Old Assault Weapons Ban https://nyti.ms/3cgX7He
I, for one, welcome the new levels of safety this will bring to LA and San Jose.
By Cyclist
Texas Republican asks: can we fix the moon’s orbit to fight climate change?

The Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior US government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.

Bizarrely, the question was not posed to anyone from Nasa or even the Pentagon. Instead it was asked of a senior forestry service official during a House natural resources committee hearing on Tuesday.

Speaking with Jennifer Eberlien, associate deputy chief of the National Forest Service, Gohmert asked if it was possible to alter the orbits of the moon, or the Earth, as a way of combating climate change...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ate-change
:shock: :? :lol: :roll:

We Realy, *really*, need that facepalm smiley.
By Andy McDandy
Randall Munroe (xkcd guy) was once asked if by setting off every nuclear weapon on Earth we could alter the planet's orbit. His reply, after "Why the hell would you want to do that?", was that no, there would be no appreciable effect on the planet's orbit, and by the way we would all die.
By MisterMuncher
RedSparrows wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:34 am Changing the orbit of whatever to fix climate change wouldn't so much be breaking a butterfly on a wheel, but nuking the butterfly and yourself in a rather injust suicide 'pact'.

^ That was tortured...
I wouldn't trust planetary orbital mechanics to a nation that can't manage roundabouts
By Arrowhead
Some actual good news for a change: it looks like the Dem-controlled Senate is finally starting to confirm some of Biden's judicial nominations (see link below).

It'll be a reassuring sight to see these confirmations start to build up over the coming months and years; under Mitch McConnell's baleful gaze, the previously GOP-led Senate allowed Trump to appoint an extraordinary number of judges at all levels within just four years. There's probably not enough vacancies left open for Biden to completely address that discrepancy, but every little helps right now.

List of federal judges appointed by Joe Biden:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... _Joe_Biden
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Arrowhead wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm Some actual good news for a change: it looks like the Dem-controlled Senate is finally starting to confirm some of Biden's judicial nominations (see link below).

It'll be a reassuring sight to see these confirmations start to build up over the coming months and years; under Mitch McConnell's baleful gaze, the previously GOP-led Senate allowed Trump to appoint an extraordinary number of judges at all levels within just four years. There's probably not enough vacancies left open for Biden to completely address that discrepancy, but every little helps right now.

List of federal judges appointed by Joe Biden:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... _Joe_Biden
Interesting to look at the roll call on the votes there. Lindsay Graham (along with Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski) is voting to confirm judges. Wonder if he's thinking he can be more sane (he's not a stupid man) now Trump is gone?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]