:sunglasses: 28 % :pray: 12 % :laughing: 32 % :cry: 28 %
By Bones McCoy
I don't think we've paid enough attention to the "overpromoted PE teacher" angle in American Dystopia.

I recently saw one of those collections of maps illustrating the top thing (many categories) in every state.
Things like "top selling fast food brand".

Scroll down to "Top paid public servant" and it's "High school football coach" in 46 states.
Seriously misplaced respect.

Meanwhile in the UK we have Brian Glover's Mr Sugden from Kes.
By Yug
Things are getting interesting

An Illinois judge has ruled that Donald Trump engaged in insurrection and has barred him from the state's primary ballot - though she put the ruling on hold pending an appeal.

Two other states - Colorado and Maine - have removed Mr Trump from their primary ballots for violating a 14th Amendment "insurrection" clause.

The final outcome will likely be decided by the US Supreme Court.

Illinois' primary election is scheduled for 19 March...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68432465.amp
But Supreme Court justices have asked tough questions of those representing Colorado voters in favour of banning Mr Trump.

Conservative Justice Brett Kavanaugh asked if there could be a "disenfranchising effect" if voters were not allowed to decide for themselves whether they wanted Mr Trump as president.
I would like to assure Mr Kavanaugh that, despite not being allowed to decide whether or not they'd like to have me as their president, the voters have in no way been disenfranchised.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:46 pm I don't think we've paid enough attention to the "overpromoted PE teacher" angle in American Dystopia.

I recently saw one of those collections of maps illustrating the top thing (many categories) in every state.
Things like "top selling fast food brand".

Scroll down to "Top paid public servant" and it's "High school football coach" in 46 states.
Seriously misplaced respect.

Meanwhile in the UK we have Brian Glover's Mr Sugden from Kes.
Don't talk to me about fucking PE teachers.
Bane of a Head of Year's life, the cunts.
By Andy McDandy
But Supreme Court justices have asked tough questions of those representing Colorado voters in favour of banning Mr Trump.

Conservative Justice Brett Kavanaugh asked if there could be a "disenfranchising effect" if voters were not allowed to decide for themselves whether they wanted Mr Trump as president.
Ah yes, the "Sell the Sun in Liverpool" argument.
mattomac liked this
By Rosvanian
I know they're big 'buts' but were it not for the fact that Trump will trash the planet and put our national security at risk, I don't give a shit that USA appears to be on course to re elect this arsehole back in to power. Frankly, the Democrats have only got themselves to blame if the country is taken over by a bunch of fake Christian psychopaths.
davidjay, Youngian liked this
By Yug
Donald Trump has been told to pay the six-figure legal costs of a company he sued over claims of "perverted" sex acts and bribes to Russian officials.

Mrs Justice Steyn threw out the case against Orbis Business Intelligence, a consultancy founded by former MI6 officer Christopher Steele, last month.

She found that Mr Trump's compensation claim was "bound to fail".

In a new ruling she also ordered Mr Trump to pay Orbis's costs "of the entire claim".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68499543.amp
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (7.57 KiB) Viewed 411 times
By satnav
Trump has done well in the polls so far because he has been in full campaign mode for months whilst Biden has been doing his day job. When the actual election campaign starts Trump will have come up with specific policies and answer for many of the policies he pursued when he was last in the White House.
By mattomac
He’s an 80 year old bloke, a healthy one who is running one of the biggest nations in the world.

He will be fine, meanwhile Trump can’t even deliver a coherent sentence and quelle surprise the polls are starting to uptick now Haley has dropped out. If anyone is going pass away it’s likely Trump, he really has fallen off a cliff.

Watch his speeches, and what he is saying, he won the election college when he was a smarmy tit , yes he rambled but it wasn’t patchy like it is now.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:32 pm So still time for this increasingly foolish old doffer to step aside for someone who can walk unaided.
Listen to Biden delivering the State Of The Union Address.
Try to imagine Trump attempting the same thing.
There's one "Foolish Old Doffer [sic]" medal to award, I know who I'm pinning it on.
The Weeping Angel liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]