:sunglasses: 28 % :pray: 12 % :laughing: 32 % :cry: 28 %
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:59 am Whichever guy can still tap dance without falling over gets the job, will make for an interesting contest. I’d bet on Trump’s doctor providing the most powerful syringe full of pick me up drugs every morning on the campaign trail.
Based on some professional knowledge, and some reading round, unless Trump’s doctors have come up with a cure for frontotemporal dementia there’s not a whole lot they can do. And even if they did, he’s so unfit generally they’d probably just be pushing him into heart attack and stroke territory.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Very good piece on how far reaching and ambitious the Inflation Reduction Act is to restructure the US economy and the consequences for the world economy (like forcing Europe into a more reciprocal protectionist position it didn’t seek). It’s more like Gaullist derigism on steroids than Trump’s crude tariff and import controls.

By Bones McCoy
Trump says pardoning Capitol attackers will be one of his first acts if elected again

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -6-pardons
Donald Trump has said one of his first acts if given a second presidency would be to pardon the insurrectionists who carried out the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, referring to them as “hostages” in a Truth Social post on Monday night.

“My first acts as your next President will be to Close the Border, DRILL, BABY, DRILL, and Free January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!” Trump wrote.

Though he has long said he will dismiss charges against the rioters if elected, the post is the closest Trump has come to saying that pardons for the Capitol attack rioters is a first-day priority, along with oil and gas drilling as well as a crackdown at the US-Mexico border. Trump’s post came after he has implied that he plans to be a “dictator” on his first day back in office if returned to the White House after losing to Joe Biden in 2020.
By Philip Marlow
In which Gaby Del Valle goes to CPAC and truly has a time. Echoes of Raoul Duke and Doctor Gonzo finding themselves in the midst of America’s finest law enforcement representatives at a Las Vegas war on drugs conference.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/lost-at-cpac-del-valle
I’m not sure where I was during the keffiyeh incident on Friday night. I may have been talking to a woman about the “very beautiful” January 6 vigil she attended, or chatting with an older Black man from New Jersey who said the Reagan Dinner was fine, if a little dry. At some point I went out to smoke with a pair of “conservative artists” from New York, who told me their documentary about how brave it is to be a conservative artist would be screened at Mar-a-Lago in a couple of weeks. Later that night, I found myself stuck in a conversation with a man who, after imploring me to see his play, suggested we solve the “border crisis” by letting Border Patrol shoot migrants on sight.
By Andy McDandy
Tennessee state senate enjoying that sweet spot in politics there - just important enough to tackle the BIG issues, but not so important that they've been infested and corrupted by the university educated coastal blue state elite common purpose woke mind virus political class.
By Crabcakes
https://apnews.com/article/trump-campai ... a3462e5790

Prediction: just like Capone, it’s the money that’s going to get them in the end. Trump took over the Republican Party apparatus, and now has it funnelling cash straight to pay his ever-growing legal bills. He’ll have buggerall left for proper campaigning outside of his ego rallies, he’ll leave nothing for anyone else so other GOP candidates will suffer, and they’ll wither and die at the election.

And then, much like the Tories over here, the real infighting will begin.
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:03 pm https://apnews.com/article/trump-campai ... a3462e5790

Prediction: just like Capone, it’s the money that’s going to get them in the end. Trump took over the Republican Party apparatus, and now has it funnelling cash straight to pay his ever-growing legal bills. He’ll have buggerall left for proper campaigning outside of his ego rallies, he’ll leave nothing for anyone else so other GOP candidates will suffer, and they’ll wither and die at the election.

And then, much like the Tories over here, the real infighting will begin.
Logical conclusion to make based on the facts but Trump never has to face consequences and will never be short of other people’s money to spend.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]