:sunglasses: 62.5 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 25 %
By MisterMuncher
It's the sort of thing you can only really complain about if you're completely isolated from contact with working class people beyond stereotypes, innit?

My da and his brothers all were/are tradesmen, as are numerous amongst my cousins on that side of the family. They're also fathers, brothers, sons, cooks, musicians, storytellers, readers, fisherman, sportsmen, artists...

Oddly enough, I've never once heard any of them chatting about tits, football or getting the darkies out...
Youngian liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ed-replace

Waah waah, they did it first.
The cancellers and bullies have had it their own way long enough. While Sir Keir has made it plain he is on their side, Rishi Sunak must emphatically show he isn't.

He must be bold, and unequivocal in honouring our history (warts and all) and defending free expression.
And that's the problem - the moment anyone mentions the warts, the Tories are screaming about treason and going balls deep on the flag.
By AOB
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:59 pm Good ‘Ol Countryfile is too bloody woke now …..

[/https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news ... 0dHpTfYOI

BBC Countryfile in hot water as viewers switch off and say '30 seconds is enough'
It's not in hot water at all. That headline sums up 21st Century tabloid reporting. TV show is on, hack visits Twitter, one person says something, that something is headlined as "viewers say....". Up until the internet would they have got away with an article in the newspaper such as "Blokes in a pub last night raged about BBC's Countryfile saying......" ?

I've found when Countryfile has the "heavy" feature each week that can veer into politics, such as HS2, that it's quite fair, and gives equal airtime to people on both sides of the argument.
By Andy McDandy
Social media is just the latest in a long line of tools for journalists to save time and abdicate responsibility. I imagine they view Twitter's rebranding as a godsend - not just because the nutters are back, but with every "formerly known as Twitter", that's another 4 closer to the word count.
By Abernathy
Here’s a thing I’ve been wondering about : do you think that the “culture wars” stuff has become more or less potent now that the cunts have stopped deriding stuff as “politically correct”, and started calling it “woke” instead ? Come to think of it, what was the reason for the switch from PC to “woke” in the first place ?
By Andy McDandy
Before PC, it was "right-on". Not so long ago, the right wing tabloids were full of "snowflake" stories about young people being soft.

Right on was appropriated from the progressives and used in a mocking way. PC started off as a polite and grammatically correct way to describe the appropriate way to speak to avoid causing offence. Snowflake had airs of narcissism (every snowflake is unique) and softness - a tendency to melt or dissolve under the slightest heat. Woke, originating in the civil rights movement, carries with it a good dollop of racism (or implied race betrayal) when used as an insult - as David Starkey put it, "the whites acting black".

Last year, Jeremy Vine tried to define "woke" on his Channel 5 show, and it was an absolute mess, with him delving into "you know, it's all a bit Guardian reader, do-gooder, holier than thou, green stuff" as I recall. Personally I like the take on it by the actress Rakie Ayola - if someone uses it disparagingly, ask them what they think it means, and why they think it's wrong.

Terms such as "wokery" are pure inventions, trying to make it sound a bit more cultish and sinister, a bit voodoo. As others have pointed out, it's become so overused, it's almost meaningless. Someone says something you don't like - woke. Someone you don't like says something you'd agree with if it came from anyone else - woke. On one level it seems to have come to mean that some thought was involved.
By Oboogie
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:01 pm Last year, Jeremy Vine tried to define "woke" on his Channel 5 show, and it was an absolute mess, with him delving into "you know, it's all a bit Guardian reader, do-gooder, holier than thou, green stuff" as I recall. Personally I like the take on it by the actress Rakie Ayola - if someone uses it disparagingly, ask them what they think it means, and why they think it's wrong.
"do-gooder"was a phrase which begged two very obvious questions:
What is the opposite of a "do-gooder"?
Why is 'doing good' a bad thing?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]