:sunglasses: 62.5 % :pray: 12.5 % :laughing: 25 %
By Bones McCoy
safe_timber_man wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:09 pm Snow White and the Seven... Politically-Correct Companions? First pictures of new live-action remake of Disney classic shows princess walking with diverse band of merry men and women after row over using dwarf actors
Rachel Zegler, who plays the fictional princess, has been pictured for the first time with her new companions who appear to be a mix of genders, ethnicities and heights.
GMartyn
Bristol
Utterly laughable. And at this point sinisterly erasing European folkloric heritage. Imagine doing this to every other cultures' indigenous stories.
+2.4k - 20
Just wait until they hear about the three Hobbit movies.
By Abernathy
Samanfur wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:54 pm I got asked what I thought about my workplace's "woke agenda" yesterday. Apparently, we've "gone woke" in the last five years or so.

I declined to answer.
Who was asking ?
By Samanfur
One of our regulars. Without going into detail, let's just say that I'm surprised that it took him this long to ask.

It wasn't a coincidence that some of these changes happened when I started work there, either.
By Bones McCoy
ConservativeHome's pet Libertarian continues to lead the children toward Wibbleburg.

We suffer the excesses of woke capitalism because the Sixties generation has captured business

https://conservativehome.com/2023/07/14 ... -business/

Some proper quackers in the comments, many sounding like MAGA types.
Also a few sane voices.
Whether the sane voices are disgruntled Tories, or Libs there to "Own the Cons", we'll probably never know.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:06 pm Sixties generation are retired and voting Tory.
There were kids in the late 60s and 70s discussing withdrawal from Vietnam and Jimi Hendrix’s virtuosity. But far more giggling around the sandpit at the school bully rubbing Sambo’s face in the sandpit and saying Enoch will send you back. When black kids and the poofters dressed like Bowie bagged the fit birds at the school disco, the gammon resentment of modern Britain grew like bamboo over the next half century.
Last edited by Youngian on Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie, Dalem Lake liked this
By Andy McDandy
It's easy to imagine Enoch making his speech among the bombed out ruins, Empire Windrush pulling in at the quayside, black and white Pathe newsreel capturing it. But he made that speech in 1968, in the aftermath of MLK's assassination. Summer of love. The year my parents met. The Windrush generation were married, parents, possibly grandparents by then. Fucking recent.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:54 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:06 pm Sixties generation are retired and voting Tory.
There were kids in the late 60s and 70s discussing withdrawal from Vietnam and Jimi Hendrix’s virtuosity. But far more giggling around the sandpit at the school bully rubbing Sambo’s face in the sandpit and saying Enoch will send you back. When black kids and the poofters dressed like Bowie bagged the fit birds at the school disco, the gammon resentment of modern Britain grew like bamboo over the next half century.
Really? Not in my experience.
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:47 pm
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:54 pm
Really? Not in my experience.
You’d fall into the former category whereas the latter would resonate with my Kipper brother and most of his associates and friends I’ve ever met. Although I haven’t seen any of them much since the smoking ban in pubs was enforced.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I really don't think there were many in your second category, apart from Graham, and he was considered dim by the thick kids. Known as 'Blem' on the grounds of his acne.

I remember about 1965 having a long, possibly stoned, conversation with a young American girl about whether or not Dr King might actually be the second coming of Christ (she thought he was, I was keeping up the atheist end). We were actually that hippy.
By Abernathy
Raises the quite interesting question of how, when/if the second coming of Jeebus occurs, how will we know?

After all, on his first shot, hardly anyone believed him. Are his prospects really likely to be that great second time around ?

And he might not fancy being a carpenter again. I dare say he’ll be a fucking YouTube influencer.
By Dalem Lake
Abernathy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:23 pm Raises the quite interesting question of how, when/if the second coming of Jeebus occurs, how will we know?

After all, on his first shot, hardly anyone believed him. Are his prospects really likely to be that great second time around ?

And he might not fancy being a carpenter again. I dare say he’ll be a fucking YouTube influencer.
Because he'd tell us, obviously. He came back in the body of David Icke.
By Andy McDandy
According to Allister Heath in today's Torygraph, the latest woke thing is capitalism. Behind a paywall, but the gist seems to be that business leaders are too concerned about good PR and attracting customers, rather than.....whatever businesses should do.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:08 am According to Allister Heath in today's Torygraph, the latest woke thing is capitalism. Behind a paywall, but the gist seems to be that business leaders are too concerned about good PR and attracting customers, rather than.....whatever businesses should do.
Down with this service ad customers nonsense.

All the modern edgelord CEOs are piling their enterprise with debt and sluicing the proceeds to shareholders, and paying themselves massive wedges of share options.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]