:poo: 100 %
By kreuzberger
Another AfD kicking today in the former East.

In Nordhausen, Thüringen, their lad had walked the first round in a mayoral election and was practically Gauleiter-Designate, and was within sniffing distance of the 50% mark.

Up stepped the existing independent mayor today and beat Herr Prophet by almost ten clear points in the run-off.

Phew, Jägermeisters all round.

EDIT: 50%, not 5%
Youngian, Samanfur, Spoonman and 2 others liked this
By kreuzberger
Boiler wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:54 pm Not carbonated Jägermeisters..?
To be honest, I can't drink that PCP-infused rocket nonsense - carbonated or otherwise - unless I am already way past my bedtime.

Incidentally, or new favourite boozer in Schöneberg serves shots with something fairly similar but without the coarse edges. I'll make a note of it next time.
Boiler liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Another election to "look forward" to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67018486
Voters in Germany's largest state, Bavaria, choose a new parliament on Sunday, after a very nasty election campaign in which populist upstarts have rattled the status quo.

The far-right AfD, tied in second place, is hoping for a big result.

Its leaders say they are being physically attacked or threatened.

But their opponents accuse them of twisting the truth for political gain, by playing into a narrative of victimisation.

Either way the debate is unusually toxic.

Days before the vote, Tino Chrupalla, the co-leader of the Alternative für Deutschland (AfD), was taken to intensive care after feeling unwell during an election rally in Bavaria.

The party describes it as a "physical attack" and AfD supporters on social media are convinced that Chrupalla was injected with a toxin.

Police are investigating, but so far say they have no evidence he was poisoned.

Mr Chrupalla is now out of hospital, but it could take another few days for the results of tests to be confirmed, during which time speculation is only growing.

In September, the AfD's other co-leader, Alice Weidel, was taken by Swiss police from her home in Switzerland to a safe house because of security concerns. The party says there was a risk of an attack against her and her family.
By kreuzberger
The press here are reporting that Alice Weidel and her Tamil wife, (aye, let that sink in for a moment), have bolted to Mallorca and are wandering around beach-front restaurants without a care in the world.

No mention yet of Marinus van der Lubbe, who, according to grandad, burned the Reichstag in 1933 and was guillotined anyway.

Meanwhile, the AfD had eased back a few points in recent days and are unlikely to finish tomorrow night on much more than 15%.

It seems more likely that Söder (CSU / CDU) will end up taking his Christian taliban under the duvet with Hubert Aiwainger who, as leader of the "freie Wähler" (free voters), has been desperately trying to play down that vehemently pro-Nazi past which has actually boosted his popularity in pre-election polls.

Keeping tweedle-sieg and tweedle-heil under 50% is going to be a tall order in Bavaria tomorrow. Hessen should be less of a concern with a CDU / SPD / GRÜNE coalition being most workable.
By The Weeping Angel
Sounds more like France than Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... -right-afd
The symbolism that German farmers chose to express their discontent with the government in the first days of the new year was as unambiguous as it was ominous: by the side of rural roads across the country, there were sightings of makeshift gallows dangling traffic-light signs, a reference to the colours of the three governing parties.

The chilling sculptures are harbingers of unprecedented cross-sector protests and strikes hitting German roads and railways from Monday, and speak of a dramatic change of mood in a country long feted for its consensus-seeking approach to industrial relations, especially compared with its more traditionally strike-prone neighbour France.

With key elections coming up in eastern German states this year, even some farmers fear the new revolutionary spirit could play straight into the hands of a buoyant far right.

An eight-day countrywide protest by agricultural workers, involving motorway blockades and described by the head of the farmers’ association as “the like of which the country has never experienced before”, will go ahead in spite of the government’s partial U-turn on the cuts to diesel subsidies and farming vehicle tax breaks that had triggered them.
By kreuzberger
There we go.

If you are united in your disgruntlement about tax breaks on diesel, attack ships, plan to break the motorway network and converge on the federal capital, well, "legitimate concerns".

If you walk slowly or sit down in protest about climate action, you can expect a tooled-up robocop raid before dawn and to be put on terrorist watch-lists by various federal state executives.

It's an absolutely disgraceful state of affairs.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Youngian
Didn’t know the Red Army Faction was still operating in the early 90s. What’s fascinating about this arrest is how Klette stayed off the radar for 30 years and why she slipped up.
Alleged Red Army Faction (RAF) fugitive Daniela Klette has been arrested by German police after more than 30 years in hiding.

Officials say they do not yet know how she managed to stay underground for 30 years, whether she was in Germany and who helped her to remain undetected.
The apartment is now being searched. Police have found magazines and ammunition for a handgun in the apartment but have not found a weapon.
Officials allege Ms Klette was part of the RAF's so-called third generation, which was active in the 1980s and 1990s.
It allegedly killed the Deutsche Bank boss in a roadside bomb, and shot dead a centre-left politician, tasked with privatising business in former communist East Germany, in his home. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68415892.amp
By kreuzberger
This is getting funnier by the hour. Fresh from a long, hot summer spent lion-hunting, the Keystein Kops have been charging around town, executing dawn raids with the net result of absolutely no terrorists whatsoever and generally pissing off the neighbourhood.

They have come up with the wizard idea of asking the two remaining fugitives to give themselves up. That'll do the trick :lol:
By kreuzberger
Not content with becoming a laughing-stock, Herr Plod has installed a cover disk copy of Corel draw and presented the public with this handy "How to spot a terrorist" graphic. (He's the one on the right.)

They really are fucking amateurs.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 17.18.54.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-05 at 17.18.54.jpeg (229.73 KiB) Viewed 218 times
By kreuzberger
Weed was legalised to today in Germany. No one is talking about it, the press struggle to give the story third billing, and precisely nobody gives a monkey's. We might not have descended in to a faragist, AfD-fuelled hell-hole of community strife, after all.

Personally, it doesn't impact me or mine in any way. If we wanted to, the roof terrace could be churning out the stuff during the summer months, but none of us take draw more than once in a blue moon. Such is life.

Perhaps, they will green-light the Bolivian in my lifetime. It would be quite nice to pop down to the chemist on a Saturday afternoon, rather than wait for two hours for the usual shite-and-light to turn up. We live in hope.
By kreuzberger
Youngian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm ... purely for your own consumption and doing swapsies at clubs.
I think that that is basically the plan, including online clubs which facilitate trading in a roundabout kinda way. It appears though that the DIY sheds don't want to get involved with saplings - or so they say at the moment - although it is quite conceivable that florists and local food markets will take a more enthusiastic view.

Personally, I am more concerned with our tomatoes, chillis and peppers, and how they will turn out.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]