:sunglasses: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Andy McDandy
When Garry "Gatwick Gangsters" Bushell sounded off about dance music keeping him awake at night, he always used the "cultural" tag to make it clear that he wasn't against black people in general, just an art form heavily associated with them.

Yeah, it's not very obvious code for non-white stuff.
By Tubby Isaacs
"This is why the government needs to raise taxes to increase the universities grant", Matt probably didn't add.

If only there were a news organisation nearby who could do some investigating.

Oh, I see the same university (York) had reduced entry requirements for some home standards too. I expect Matt didn't say that.

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:17 am "Luxury beliefs" is a really loathsome phrase, and concept.

His argument is just "They come over here and take all the jobs".
There are more than a few poor and sick pensioners relying on non-British carers. Lots of us think it's good that the carers are there and would like them to be better paid. Luxury belief?
By Andy McDandy
Boil it down to its core and what you're left with is "See them clever fuckers who are into all that helping each other crap? Poofs."

It's just thuggery, plain and simple.
By Philip Marlow
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:17 am "Luxury beliefs" is a really loathsome phrase, and concept.

I’d love someone to cogently explain what the hell a luxury belief is even supposed to be. I’ve mostly seen the phrase used in the context of the great trans debate, where it appears to apply mostly to young people and mean ‘The belief that these foul, creeping perverts are human.’
By Andy McDandy
It's an import from America, and the idea is that, for example on immigration, the rich don't mind so much because they don't have to live with the impact daily. They get the cheap labour, but it's Joe Public who's stiffed in the jobs market. Load of toss, if you ask me, but one can see the general point.

What it's become is an idea that to have any sort of altruistic or empathic feelings for others is the preserve of some sort of gilded elite, and that 'real people' are much more concerned about getting by day to day, and just don't have the time, energy or naivety to give a shit.

In that it borrows from the anti-intellectualism and toxic machismo of much of the alt-right. The idea that to care is weakness, and should be derided whenever possible, likewise any sort of self improvement other than acquisition of money or working out.
Spoonman, Samanfur liked this
By MisterMuncher
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:21 pm It's an import from America, and the idea is that, for example on immigration, the rich don't mind so much because they don't have to live with the impact daily. They get the cheap labour, but it's Joe Public who's stiffed in the jobs market. Load of toss, if you ask me, but one can see the general point.

What it's become is an idea that to have any sort of altruistic or empathic feelings for others is the preserve of some sort of gilded elite, and that 'real people' are much more concerned about getting by day to day, and just don't have the time, energy or naivety to give a shit.

In that it borrows from the anti-intellectualism and toxic machismo of much of the alt-right. The idea that to care is weakness, and should be derided whenever possible, likewise any sort of self improvement other than acquisition of money or working out.
Another rehash of an immutable law of right wing bullshit. Any opinion put in the mouth of the "working classes" or "ordinary people" is merely the author's sundry prejudices being laundered as someone else's self interest.
Spoonman, Samanfur liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]