By kreuzberger
Wonderful news going viral from Pollokshields this afternoon of a couple of refugees being sprung from the clutches of the Home Office, (using the muscle of Police Scotland which the people of Scotland pay for, and on behalf of a ruling clique that Scotland firmly rejected less than a week ago.

Bones and I know the area well and probably with equal fondness - I can't speak for him but I can hazard a guess - and it is comfortably one of the gentlest places on the planet. Great food at much cheapness, strong community spirit, and thoroughly at ease with itself despite money being as tight as it ever was.

To see a few hundred people coming out on to the streets to stop these deportations was music to my soul. We did it a couple of years back with the Gerhart-Hauptmann-Schule siege in Kreuzberg and went global, despite ultimately effecting less change.

It's so heart-warming to see the people of Pollokshields achieve a full climb down in a matter of hours.

Don't fuck with Glesga.
By Andy McDandy
Although the gentlemen were Sikhs, the timing of the raid, on the biggest day of the Muslim year, was clearly provocative. It's a very diverse neighbourhood.

Headlines are saying Sturgeon is concerned or furious, not making it clear that it's the attempted deportations she has an issue with, rather than the protest.

Still, good on Glasgow.
By kreuzberger
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:28 pm Although the gentlemen were Sikhs, the timing of the raid, on the biggest day of the Muslim year, was clearly provocative. It's a very diverse neighbourhood.

Headlines are saying Sturgeon is concerned or furious, not making it clear that it's the attempted deportations she has an issue with, rather than the protest.

Still, good on Glasgow.
True, a very diverse area and a predominantly Muslim street. We lived about a mile away and always felt the warmth of that wave of kindness at Eid. Next door's kids would ring the bell, all toothless grins, with biryani for 2.0, sweeties for our kids, and a bottle of Talisker for me.

To try to bulldoze that spirit with blues and twos is utterly unacceptable. As they found out.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]