:sunglasses: 38.9 % :pray: 2.8 % :laughing: 30.6 % 🧥 8.3 % :cry: 8.3 % :🤗 2.8 % :poo: 8.3 %
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:59 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:57 pm Along with jouornalists academia has been the most profession damaged by twitter.
Not sure about that. I've found lots of people on Twitter I'd never have heard of and learnt lots from them.
Definitely outweighs the bad takes from academics. Who are usually straying from their wheelhouse like this one
By The Weeping Angel
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-in-wigan
Shadow cabinet ministers have warned of a “breakdown in discipline” over Labour’s approach to strikes, as Lisa Nandy visited striking BT workers days after Keir Starmer reiterated that frontbenchers should not go to picket lines.

Nandy and members of Starmer’s team are understood to dispute whether she was given tacit permission to attend the picket line. Sources close to the Labour leader said the matter had not been resolved and shadow cabinet minsters were furious.

Multiple shadow ministers said the policy to ban frontbenchers from picket lines had now “effectively broken down” since the shadow transport minister Sam Tarry was sacked for conducting multiple broadcast interviews from a rail workers’ picket on Wednesday.

Nandy, who is the shadow levelling up secretary, informed Starmer’s office in advance of her intention to speak to workers from the Communications Workers Union but the Guardian understands that the leader’s office were blindsided by the pictures of her at the picket line. Both sides dispute what was agreed.

Shadow cabinet ministers have said Angela Rayner, the deputy leader and a former senior union official, had told allies she was uncomfortable with the policy but was prepared to stick to the party line. “She can be very disciplined so you can imagine what this looks like to her now,” one senior party source said.

Rayner met union officials alongside the shadow culture secretary, Lucy Powell, in a Zoom meeting on Monday, a thinly veiled demonstration of the approved way to engage.

One shadow cabinet minister said they were astounded by Nandy’s visit to the picket, especially given the awkward position Rayner was in. “The policy should always have been: we don’t want you picketing, but of course you can speak to them,” they said. “That is obviously what the real policy is. But the fact this was a stupid policy does not excuse Lisa from throwing everyone under the bus.”

The shadow minister said they were now deeply worried about party discipline and the potential for a row with the unions to overshadow the party conference, saying: “I would not underestimate how dangerous this is.”

A second shadow cabinet source said they were extremely concerned about the breakdown of discipline. “There’s going to be a whole summer of this.”
By RedSparrows
Youngian wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm What’s Milne doing with himself? He’s not firing out bitter Tweets like Cummings or Owen Jones so I assume he’s wisely moved on.
Depends on what you mean by 'moved on'. I have my suspicions that's one thing Milne will never manage. Beholden to the dream.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm There are elements at the Guardian who employ shit-stirring in the Opinion section to further a Jezz-U-Like/Stop the War agenda.
This story is total bollocks.
FTFY
Abernathy liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]