:sunglasses: 55 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 30 % :poo: 10 %
By Yug
Discontinued Jez

Labour launches selection process to replace Jeremy Corbyn at general election

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/labour-l ... n-13136547
It's out in the open, in the news. Any more vote Labour get Corbyn references from the Tories will now be seen as the bullshit they are.

He was an MP for over 40 years, and the first time anybody ever heard of him was when he was nominated for the leadership. A backbench nobody who tried to destroy the Labour Party - that's his footnote in the history books.
By Abernathy
Agree, but expect Jezza's last Hoorah when the election is called and he submits his nomination papers as an independent, automatically expelling himself, and a few more Trot acolytes, from the Labour Party once and for all.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:46 pm I think he'll win the seat. Electorates love not having an MP from the main parties. See the Kidderminster Hospital stuff, when the new "campaigner" MP had no more power to get a proper hospital than the Labour MP they kicked out. Same thing with Galloway.
A friend of mine in Kidderminster said that the reason the hospitals bloke won was largely down to the sitting MP saying he'd campaign against its closure then voting for it.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:47 pm Would be surprised if there was a vote on Kidderminster Hospital in the Commons. More likely the MP wasn't seen to have done enough to oppose.

But I'm only guessing.
That was what I thought later. Not opposing it in some other way is more likely. I do know that when they won the council the following year they were a bit of a disaster.
By Philip Marlow
Brothers and sisters, can we not at least acknowledge, in the spirit of general if temporary harmony, that Paul Mason failing to make yet another shortlist is really fucking funny?

Meanwhile…

https://labourlist.org/2024/05/praful-n ... th-corbyn/
Labour has confirmed Praful Nargund will stand as its candidate in Islington North, just hours after Jeremy Corbyn announced he will run as an independent in the constituency.

The announcement by London Labour comes in spite of a ballot of members originally being planned over the next week, choosing between Nargund and another candidate, Hackney councillor and London Assembly Member Sem Moema.
Unless Moema has stepped aside of her own volition, this does feel a bit odd. Given that this was an NEC-imposed shortlist of two you’d think it should’ve been easy enough to set up a ‘Heads we win, tails you lose’ scenario ensuring that the CLP weren’t presented with the option of choosing a candidate HQ couldn’t live with.
By Philip Marlow
Not a member, but aye, Corbyn’s gone, as will be any member who supports him in word or deed.

What I don’t know outside of that is the extent to which the local party can get away with, for want of a better term, taking the piss. I read a Guardian article a few months ago which suggested that there is an explicitly anti-Corbyn faction within the CLP, but how numerous and active it is wasn’t stated. Where that leaves them if some of the lefty pavement-pounders suddenly discover that they’ve got a lot on come campaign season I couldn’t say.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Spoonman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:16 pm So for those here that are Labour party members, what is the consequence of Corbyn's announcement? I presume expulsion from the Labour Party along with any members that campaign for Corbyn? Anything else?
Yes, automatic. For five years.
Spoonman liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Marlow wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:00 pm Brothers and sisters, can we not at least acknowledge, in the spirit of general if temporary harmony, that Paul Mason failing to make yet another shortlist is really fucking funny?
He's doing about as well as Seb Payne. He might have been good against Corbyn though because he shows up the Stop The War Bollocks well. But on balance, probably better to go for someone less well known. I wonder if a few left of Labour will plump for the Greens instead of Jez because they can vote for nice stuff without getting the full "Russia was provoked".
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]