:sunglasses: 38.9 % :pray: 2.8 % :laughing: 30.6 % 🧥 8.3 % :cry: 8.3 % :🤗 2.8 % :poo: 8.3 %
By Arrowhead
Abernathy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:22 pm What it does do is clear the way for a future Labour government, having aligned the UK closely with EU standards in its first term, to begin a process that will eventually see the UK's EU membership restored, most probably in a second Labour term of government.
Agree with everything in your excellent post bar this bit - I suspect the timeline regarding the restoration of our EU membership will be much more drawn out than that. I suspect we're entering an era of Labour dead-batting the issue for a generation, probably until a) the polling regarding the matter has unequivocally shifted, and/or b) a huge demographic shift has occurred, leaving the so-called "Brexit Boomers" eclipsed in terms of raw numbers.

We'll get there in the end, but I don't see anything happening until near the end of the following decade, and perhaps longer.
Boiler, Youngian liked this
By Abernathy
For clarity, my intended meaning was that Labour can begin a process in the second term of a future Labour government that will in time result in reinstating the UK’s EU membership, not that the UK would actually re-join the EU at that time. So I very much agree with you.
Samanfur, Malcolm Armsteen, Oboogie and 2 others liked this
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:28 am This just might be the most important PMQs of his career. I do hope he doesn't have a Westland moment.
This might be a good one to not dwell on Johnson's problems, which are already perfect public knowledge.

A bit less Cromwell
You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go
A bit more Buonaparte
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
By Abernathy
Some zingers from Keir today . On the remaining Johnson cabinet members “a Z-list of nodding dogs” and “the charge of the lightweight brigade”.
Last edited by Abernathy on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Bones McCoy
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:41 am
davidjay wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:28 am This just might be the most important PMQs of his career. I do hope he doesn't have a Westland moment.
This might be a good one to not dwell on Johnson's problems, which are already perfect public knowledge.

A bit less Cromwell
You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go
A bit more Buonaparte
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Have to admit, I couldn't have called that wronger.
By Malcolm Armsteen
A deep and lasting silence...

It would be nice if the Durham 'bules prosecuted the complainants for wasting police time.

Mind you, the Durham Constabberley does enough of that by itself.

I don't like them...
mattomac liked this
By Boiler
The BBC, in an effort to be "balanced", has opened a SYB on this.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 14-11-23 Sir Keir Starmer cleared by police over Durham lockdown beers.png
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 14-11-23 Sir Keir Starmer cleared by police over Durham lockdown beers.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 14-13-39 Sir Keir Starmer cleared by police over Durham lockdown beers.png
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 14-13-39 Sir Keir Starmer cleared by police over Durham lockdown beers.png (7 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]