:sunglasses: 38.9 % :pray: 2.8 % :laughing: 30.6 % 🧥 8.3 % :cry: 8.3 % :🤗 2.8 % :poo: 8.3 %
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:55 pm
davidjay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:22 pm I'm beginning to think that has the most important characteristic a politician can possess - he's lucky.
You may think those by-election wins are down to luck, I know they are down to hard work - not least by Starmer.
When Starmer won the leadership he inherited the Labour Party in the worst state it'd been in living memory and he's about to have the job of rescuing Britain when it's in the worst state it's been in since 1940.
I count amongst my blessings that I'm not cursed with Starmer's 'luck'.
The luck doesn't come from winning the elections, it's from them happening now. If they'd been last week, or next week, the Rochdale story would still be rumbling on. I don't doubt that he's doing an incredible job to make Labour electable - something that took three leaders and fifteen years last time - but he's also been a bit fortunate and long may that last.
By Andy McDandy
The resident tankie on Zelo Street weighed in on Trump's recent courtroom battles:
Trump is toast because he made the elementary mistake of disturbing the status quo.

Of course this had nothing to do with idealism or what is best for US society. He simply tapped into obvious widespread discontent to further his one dimensional aim for more power. Unfortunately for him this meant interfering with established geopolitical objectives at home and abroad. Which meant he gambled and failed.

He was an idiot to think he could take on the Pentagon, Langley and a bought-and-paid-for Congress and come away unscathed.
Closest he's ever come to being positive about something or someone. reminds me of that fucking edgelord Mikey from the old forum.
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:35 pm The resident tankie on Zelo Street weighed in on Trump's recent courtroom battles:
Trump is toast because he made the elementary mistake of disturbing the status quo.

Of course this had nothing to do with idealism or what is best for US society. He simply tapped into obvious widespread discontent to further his one dimensional aim for more power. Unfortunately for him this meant interfering with established geopolitical objectives at home and abroad. Which meant he gambled and failed.

He was an idiot to think he could take on the Pentagon, Langley and a bought-and-paid-for Congress and come away unscathed.
Closest he's ever come to being positive about something or someone. reminds me of that fucking edgelord Mikey from the old forum.
Didn't someone on here use the word "toast" last week?
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:35 pm The resident tankie on Zelo Street weighed in on Trump's recent courtroom battles:

As far as I know, none of us on here are bought and paid for members of Congress. Maybe threatening to blow up NATO and concede Ukraine to Russia is just bad?
By mattomac
He’s not just a rich man who has never been told no, he did nothing at all in his period of office and now he’s turned into something very odd indeed.

Towards his last term he stopped listening even to those we don’t rate and surrounded himself with yes people, it seems this hasn’t changed.

Anyhow wrong place, seems Labour have moved on to dropping ideas from their manifesto stage.

I happen to feel Luke Ashurst (sic) is compliment in attacking it and seeing how this plays out.

I am generally for the Jury idea on stuff like Lords Reform as it’s cumbersome will win very few votes but is equally needed.

Less so on house building.
By NevTheSweeper
Keir Starmer is in SERIOUS trouble. Even before last night's Gaza debate, he could've allowed a free vote of his MPs on the SNP motion.

If it is true that he was found allegedly threatening Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle to take Labour's amendment to prevent a potential rebellion of around HALF of the current parliamentary party, then he must admit it and resign as leader. The reason that Labour MPs don't feel safe is because he supported the Israeli government's response to what happened on October 7th 2023.

He is alienating not only Palenstinians, but also Jews, BAMEs, white working class, progressives, environmentalists, etc. They may hate the Conservatives, but they are beginning to hate Labour because of the way that he has led the party over the last four years.

Not only has Starmer brought himself into disrepute, but he has also brought parliament into disrepute because of his antics.

Many commentators will look to Wednesday 21st February as the day that could lead to the Conservatives being re-elected to government...and that will be ALL his fault.
By Tubby Isaacs
NevTheSweeper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:59 pm Keir Starmer is in SERIOUS trouble. Even before last night's Gaza debate, he could've allowed a free vote of his MPs on the SNP motion.

If it is true that he was found allegedly threatening Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle to take Labour's amendment to prevent a potential rebellion of around HALF of the current parliamentary party, then he must admit it and resign as leader. The reason that Labour MPs don't feel safe is because he supported the Israeli government's response to what happened on October 7th 2023.

He is alienating not only Palenstinians, but also Jews, BAMEs, white working class, progressives, environmentalists, etc. They may hate the Conservatives, but they are beginning to hate Labour because of the way that he has led the party over the last four years.

Not only has Starmer brought himself into disrepute, but he has also brought parliament into disrepute because of his antics.

Many commentators will look to Wednesday 21st February as the day that could lead to the Conservatives being re-elected to government...and that will be ALL his fault.
You said "if" he threatened Hoyle. Then you said he definitely did.

Labour seem to be polling well given that they've alienated everybody. People can tell polls they're voting Green if they want to do that. Instead, the Greens have gone nowhere in polls, even with the cutting back of the Green power policy.
The reason that Labour MPs don't feel safe is because he supported the Israeli government's response to what happened on October 7th 2023.
He certainly hasn't supported all of it. When David Amess got killed and Stephen Timms nearly killed, what was the explanation? The assailant foresaw their reaction to 7/10, right?
By The Weeping Angel
NevTheSweeper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:59 pm Keir Starmer is in SERIOUS trouble. Even before last night's Gaza debate, he could've allowed a free vote of his MPs on the SNP motion.

Huge, if true.
Andy McDandy liked this
By NevTheSweeper
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:06 pm

You said "if" he threatened Hoyle. Then you said he definitely did.

Labour seem to be polling well given that they've alienated everybody. People can tell polls they're voting Green if they want to do that. Instead, the Greens have gone nowhere in polls, even with the cutting back of the Green power policy.
The reason that Labour MPs don't feel safe is because he supported the Israeli government's response to what happened on October 7th 2023.
He certainly hasn't supported all of it. When David Amess got killed and Stephen Timms nearly killed, what was the explanation? The assailant foresaw their reaction to 7/10, right?
I'm sorry that I have wrongly worded my post. I don't want to be banned from the forum, at worst sued for libel. For that, I humbly apologize.
By Andy McDandy
If you typed that out, it would have taken a while. Plenty of time to get your grammar straight.

Meanwhile, I think his "trouble" is a bit like that threatened by the Black Knight on King Arthur. "What are you going to do? Bleed on me?".
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]