:sunglasses: 38.9 % :pray: 2.8 % :laughing: 30.6 % 🧥 8.3 % :cry: 8.3 % :🤗 2.8 % :poo: 8.3 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Tube And London Overground Strike Announced For 19 August
Is Sam Tarry proposing to show up on these picket lines, to support strikes v Sadiq Khan? I'd be surprised if he is. So how then do we interpret this? That's Tarry betraying the history of the Labour Party, is it? "The clue's in the name" blah blah. Perhaps these are bad strikers, and the others were good strikers?

Or perhaps, you know, Labour could keep out of direct involvement in strikes, as Sir Keir's sought to do?
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I don't know if Corbyn will show up. Sadiq is popular among the sort of voters he would need if he were to run as an independent in Islington North. And I think there's definitely a mark he can overstep with the managerial professionals who Labour do well with nowadays, in terms of looking like a bloke who has no conception of having to work with budgets, manage trade offs etc.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm He was quick enough to drop his Kipperism when running for Labour leader, so he's capable of it. Is he going to appeal to people who think Sadiq's doing his best, or a bunch of people who think Sadiq's a neoliberal sell out?
He will appeal to his people. That's enough for him.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:54 pm
Tube And London Overground Strike Announced For 19 August
Is Sam Tarry proposing to show up on these picket lines, to support strikes v Sadiq Khan? I'd be surprised if he is. So how then do we interpret this? That's Tarry betraying the history of the Labour Party, is it? "The clue's in the name" blah blah. Perhaps these are bad strikers, and the others were good strikers?

Or perhaps, you know, Labour could keep out of direct involvement in strikes, as Sir Keir's sought to do?
Oh god I heard nothing but the clue is in the name on another forum on how Starmer had to stand with picketing workers.
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:32 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm He was quick enough to drop his Kipperism when running for Labour leader, so he's capable of it. Is he going to appeal to people who think Sadiq's doing his best, or a bunch of people who think Sadiq's a neoliberal sell out?
He will appeal to his people. That's enough for him.
He's got them anyway. The question is how much he's prioritising holding on to being an MP.
By Tubby Isaacs
Starmer seems to be very relaxed about producing a cost of living package, and is getting some criticism.

I think though that the strategy might be sound. What is the biggest asset Labour could have in the next election, something which usually eludes them? A lead on the economy, being trusted not to chuck too much money about. Presumably Truss will win and do something like what she's talking about, which will increase the deficit, whatever else it will do. If Truss goes there first, then Labour might feel more secure about borrowing more.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:13 pm Starmer seems to be very relaxed about producing a cost of living package, and is getting some criticism.

I think though that the strategy might be sound. What is the biggest asset Labour could have in the next election, something which usually eludes them? A lead on the economy, being trusted not to chuck too much money about. Presumably Truss will win and do something like what she's talking about, which will increase the deficit, whatever else it will do. If Truss goes there first, then Labour might feel more secure about borrowing more.
Yes he is on another forum a poster there is complaining that Starmer isn't all over this like Ed Davey and proposing what he is proposing.
By mattomac
Yeah you have to get this right.

There is also the point that’s twitter has missed but we are in the summer months and most people don’t really take much in while other things are happening.

Would most people know if Ed Davey had suggested anything? Too many believe twitter can set a news agenda, it can be a very useful tool for certain things but it’s not going cut across.

End of the day, you nail this you win the next election, get it wrong and you might scrape largest party. Going with policy announcements this weekend for instance would be a mistake, wait til the Thunder clears some of the heat as that’s going dominant.
Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
BTL at the Guardian has been mad anti-Starmer bollocks today. "Is that it?" over the (good) prepayments policy, when it's quite clear that there are other policies coming. And "why is he on holiday?" Well, people need a holiday, and you might as well have one when Truss and Sunak are always going to be dominating the news.

It's absurd- the leader of the Opposition doesn't have a policy ready for the price cap being lifted in two months time! I mean, how can you possibly cost the policy till you know what the price caps going to be? Lots of the BTL sages have said nothing about business costs, such is their attention to detail.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 pm BTL at the Guardian has been mad anti-Starmer bollocks today. "Is that it?" over the (good) prepayments policy, when it's quite clear that there are other policies coming. And "why is he on holiday?" Well, people need a holiday, and you might as well have one when Truss and Sunak are always going to be dominating the news.

It's absurd- the leader of the Opposition doesn't have a policy ready for the price cap being lifted in two months time! I mean, how can you possibly cost the policy till you know what the price caps going to be? Lots of the BTL sages have said nothing about business costs, such is their attention to detail.
Tell me about it on another forum one person has been dismissing it as nothing and it's no where near as good as what the Lib Dems have announced or Gorden Brown has announced. Here's a flavour
This. I still can't fathom why people seem to hold Starmer on such a pedestal. It's insane how crazily defensive and frothing at the mouth people get when he's criticised.

I think it's fair enough to criticise Labour over this when the Lib Dems have produced ideas which would have more impact and indeed the last Labour PM (part of centrist New Labour no less) has outlined ideas, including renationalisation (albeit temporarily) which Starmer has scrapped. To announce a plan which would offer under £200 benefit (according to the Guardian article I posted anyway) when people's bills are due to rise by thousands is rather foolish and just appears woefully out of touch. Sure, the big announcement is Monday but I'd have just held fire as the Labour MP in that BBC interview had to squirm when asked about renationalisation. Labour really need a good comms officer. Starmer desperately needs a Malcolm Tucker type to get some sense into him.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:40 pm What does renationalisation solve? Where is anybody getting cheaper gas and oil from?
Exactly like with water the problem we have in this country is a lack of rainfall whether the water is nationalised, privitised or decimalised you'd still have to deal with a lack of rainfall.
By kreuzberger
Or you can ask them in water companies to forego salaries to the point that they are now enriched to buy actual water.

Gas is inflated by the Russian shortage. That and the oil price are also both inflated by the weakness of the pound. Hello Brexit.

Oh, and rip-roaring company profits.

As O'Brien would say, that's not opinion, just counting.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]