By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:05 pm Does Yvette play with the dipshits that swing elections? School ma’am Cooper, killjoy feminist Cooper.
Pardon my linguistic Aspergers, but I have absolutely no idea what that means.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:05 pm Does Yvette play with the dipshits that swing elections? School ma’am Cooper, killjoy feminist Cooper.
As we saw in 2015, she's not necessarily a great front of house campaigner, making "visionary" promises (ie the same stuff you said 40 years ago). But I reckon they'd be impressed with her not taking any shit, and being in command of the brief. The electorate liked the look of Theresa May till she fell apart in the election campaign. Cooper wouldn't do that.
By Andy McDandy
Guessing they mean that she's seen as a bit of a killjoy, a bit serious, and that might turn off the "Boris is a laugh and at least his birds speak from the heart" mob.

Not that it should matter a jot. But sadly, competence in office has become a slur under this rotten regime. Too clever by half and so on.
Youngian, Nigredo liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
She was very poor running for leader, in which she herself (not Labour) had to be front and centre. You don't really campaign on policy details- nobody wants to hear it then, and an opponent can just say "I thought what Yvette said was very interesting, and something I'd look at too" and it's basically neutralized. Actually, maybe the magpie opponent looks open minded and less of a bore than you.

Over time as Opposition Leader though, I think she'd come across better, with a proper job to get her teeth into. But I would have some worries based on that 2015 campaign.
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:14 pm
Pardon my linguistic Aspergers, but I have absolutely no idea what that means.
‘Does she play?’ Not in the kindergarten sense but as in ‘does she play (grab attention) with the audience.’ I believe its a popular Americanism.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:18 pm She was very poor running for leader, in which she herself (not Labour) had to be front and centre. You don't really campaign on policy details- nobody wants to hear it then, and an opponent can just say "I thought what Yvette said was very interesting, and something I'd look at too" and it's basically neutralized. Actually, maybe the magpie opponent looks open minded and less of a bore than you.

Over time as Opposition Leader though, I think she'd come across better, with a proper job to get her teeth into. But I would have some worries based on that 2015 campaign.
I voted for her in 2015. I take on board what you say, but she was hampered by how it became Jeremy versus the rest and her message was drowned out.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By mattomac
Arrowhead wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:02 pm
mattomac wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:01 pm Voted in 2015 for her and would have done so in 2016 and 2020.
You may have the opportunity to vote for again later in 2022, depending on the Durham Constabulary. Think it would most likely be between herself and Lisa Nandy.
My two choices right now If Durham happens to find fault with Starmer for any reason.
Arrowhead liked this
By Nigredo
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:18 pm She was very poor running for leader, in which she herself (not Labour) had to be front and centre. You don't really campaign on policy details- nobody wants to hear it then, and an opponent can just say "I thought what Yvette said was very interesting, and something I'd look at too" and it's basically neutralized. Actually, maybe the magpie opponent looks open minded and less of a bore than you.
Apologies for veering off topic but I wish this was understood by the callers into LBC complaining that Starmer has no policies and they don't know what he stands for.
mattomac, Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Yug
I've just watched the back half of Yvette Cooper's speech on the police and the justice 'sector' in general. Every word was true, and will resonate with the masses. She sounded very much like a senior cabinet minister in a government in waiting. Any of the more self-aware Tories who watched that must be squirming.
Malcolm Armsteen, lambswool, mattomac and 1 others liked this
By mattomac
The great offices of state are currently filled by people who in the past would have been lucky to have been the paper clip secretaries bar possibly Hunt who at least has some experience before he entered the high office.

And this goes for the PM.
Oboogie, davidjay, kreuzberger and 1 others liked this
By The Weeping Angel
On another forum someone has bought up the whole Yvette Cooper introuduced Work Capability Assesment and therefore they can't forgive her. They linked to this btw.

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/ ... l-approved
Tens of thousands of claimants facing losing their benefit on review, or on being transferred from incapacity benefit, as plans to make the employment and support allowance (ESA) medical much harder to pass are approved by the secretary of state for work and pensions, Yvette Cooper.

The shock plans for ‘simplifying’ the work capability assessment, drawn up by a DWP working group, include docking points from amputees who can lift and carry with their stumps. Claimants with speech problems who can write a sign saying, for example, ‘The office is on fire!’ will score no points for speech and deaf claimants who can read the sign will lose all their points for hearing.

Meanwhile, for ‘health and safety reasons’ all points scored for problems with bending and kneeling are to be abolished and claimants who have difficulty walking can be assessed using imaginary wheelchairs.

Claimants who have difficulty standing for any length of time will, under the plans, also have to show they have equal difficulty sitting, and vice versa, in order to score any points. And no matter how bad their problems with standing and sitting, they will not score enough points to be awarded ESA.

In addition, almost half of the 41 mental health descriptors for which points can be scored are being removed from the new ‘simpler’ test, greatly reducing the chances of being found incapable of work due to such things as poor memory, confusion, depression and anxiety.

There are some improvements to the test under the plans, including exemptions for people likely to be starting chemotherapy and more mental health grounds for being admitted to the support group. But the changes are overwhelmingly about pushing tens of thousands more people onto JSA.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]