:sunglasses: 100 %
By Samanfur
Diane Abbott refused to go on antisemitism course to rejoin Labour

Diane Abbott was offered the Labour whip back but refused because she would have had to undergo antisemitism training, The Independent has been told.

An investigation into the long-serving black MP has been ongoing since her suspension last April following an article she wrote about Jewish people, with pressure mounting on the party over why it has been taking so long.

But sources from the left and right of the Labour Party have told The Independent that the investigation is dragging on in part because of Ms Abbott’s own refusal to compromise.
By Abernathy
Philip Marlow wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:54 pm

I’ll own to not being as au fait with the disciplinary measures available to Labour’s top brass as I might be, but I’d long since assumed that the whip was going to remain withdrawn for long enough to leave her with the choice of retirement at the next election or running for her seat as an independent, and thus automatic expulsion.
I think Starmer can just about credibly claim that the independent disciplinary process is proceeding rather too slowly, though the narrative that says Abbott is somehow being manoeuvred into essentially the same position as her former lover (JC) of not being permitted to stand again as a Labour candidate at the election is also somewhat credible. Which I think is a desirable objective, by the way - priceless porcelain vase again. In spite of her much-lauded status as the first and longest-serving black female MP, her political stance is largely incompatible with the 21st century iLabour Party that is, we still hope about to be elected to government at long last.

To be frank, I rather thought at the age of 70, she would be following the umpteen Tory MPs and colleagues like Harriet Harman in announcing that she intends to retire at the election.

I see that a large number of people have gathered at Diane’s constituency office in a “we stand with Diane” demo tonight. Corbyn is there on Abbott’s shoulder. The Trots do love a good protest.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
It’s regrettable Starmer’s swiftly ruthless toward MPs who step out of line but the stakes are too high to piss about. If Diane was a Tory backbencher and said what she said then it would be tomorrow’s forgotten fish and chip paper. But she’s not, the slightest chink in the party’s armour leads to the week’s news agenda dominated by Labour’s failings.
By Crabcakes
Samanfur wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:09 pm
Diane Abbott refused to go on antisemitism course to rejoin Labour

Diane Abbott was offered the Labour whip back but refused because she would have had to undergo antisemitism training, The Independent has been told.

An investigation into the long-serving black MP has been ongoing since her suspension last April following an article she wrote about Jewish people, with pressure mounting on the party over why it has been taking so long.

But sources from the left and right of the Labour Party have told The Independent that the investigation is dragging on in part because of Ms Abbott’s own refusal to compromise.
Again, the own worst enemy thing. And of course, as a loyal Corbynite it is absolutely impossible that she did anything wrong. Despite very obviously doing a wrong thing that she already apologised for (albeit with as much grace as a one-legged horse navigating an ice rink)
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]