:laughing: 100 %
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:28 pm I realised that I’m not even sure what the precise nature of what it is that Angie is supposed to have done.

I think it’s this :
I disagree, Abers. I think this is what she’s ‘done’:

She’s dared to be a female Labour MP who is northern, she had the audacity to go to a comprehensive yet try and better herself, she was a single mum at 16, she chose to divorce rather than do as she was told, she regularly talks back to and outwits and embarrasses her Conservative counterparts, and she had the absolute nerve to call the Tories ‘scum’.

Or to put it another way, she doesn’t ‘know her place’ and people like Dacre absolutely cannot *stand* that. Which makes the fact she’ll be deputy PM soon all the more excellent.
By Youngian
Will they now start referring to Robert Jenrick as Robert 'Three Homes' Jenrick?
Jeremy ‘seven flats’ Hunt
Jeremy Hunt received a “bulk discount” on seven flats bought from a Conservative donor, the Guardian can disclose, as parliament’s watchdog opened an investigation into the health secretary’s admission that he breached money laundering rules.
The health secretary was forced to apologise for failing to declare his part-ownership of a company, which bought the luxury seaside flats in Southampton. https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... xury-flats
By Andy McDandy
See the Littlejohn thread. As far as I can see, they're accusing her of doing precisely the same sort of thing the Mail has urged its own readers to do when reducing tax, getting the kids into the school of choice etc.
By Youngian
Cambs's Labour group leader who is Italian was explaining how familiar this sounds to her. Berlusconi had the added advantage that he owned most of the media and any opposition who hadn't dotted the Is and crossed the Ts on their expenses would be fair game. And it worked, they're all the same so none of it matters. Even in Italy that isn't true.
By Tubby Isaacs
I haven't looked at it in detail but the key seems to be that she didn't live in the house she nominated as her main residence for capital gains tax purposes. But per Dan Neidle, there was no requirement to have lived in the house you nominate as your main residence. Is that avoidance? You can call it that, or you can say it's something that your regular High Street solicitor might have flagged up to you, or something that you heard about in the Property section of your newspaper.

It's seemed odd that Rayner hasn't said more than she has, and that's invited a lot of speculation.. Either she has a problem or she's playing rope a dope, like Obama with his birth certificate.
By Crabcakes
I think her and Starmer and their teams will have looked at it, looked at how it’s going over, and come to the conclusion that no one is buying it and so it’s a huge waste of energy for the Tories, looks (and is) desperate, simply invites people to look at what Tories are doing which is inevitably orders of magnitude worse and/or far more dodgy.

But the Tories have to plod on with it, because they have literally nothing else.
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:35 pm As others have pointed out, David Cameron got away with "I wasn't an MP" when asked about his earnings with Greensill. Why is Rayner not allowed that?
Why is a female Labour MP not allowed the same leeway as Old Etonian Tory David Cameron? No idea - it's a mystery, innit?
Dalem Lake, Oboogie, Watchman and 1 others liked this
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 am Won't be if nothing happens.
It kind of will, because they’re relying on more people seeing the investigated headlines and assuming there’s no smoke without fire than seeing any subsequent statement that there was no case to answer - and further that if there is *any* suggestion of an error, no matter how minor or unintentional, this will be amplified relentlessly.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]