:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 33.3 % :cry: 33.3 %
By mattomac
Crabcakes wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:22 am I'm expecting unbridled glee in certain quarters at the results on Friday if the polls are anything to go by. The fact Corbyn (or his favoured replacement) would likely have done no better or more likely worse, and that Hartlepool voted 55% Brexit party or Tory previously and the by-election is only happening because the MP turned out to be dodgy (thus damaging Labour locally) will of course be ignored in the clamour to demand Starmer stand down immediately.

I suspect Burgon may be tempted to have a go at a leadership challenge unless results turn out to be more favourable, because he's the most clueless of the lot and will think nothing of making a situation worse if in doing so he can burnish his credentials.
Might strengthen Starmer in the long run. I think it will be a mixed bag but they already have the narrative, bit like Owen Jones putting out his “why Biden lost” article at 11pm the night of the US election. 2016 weren’t a bad set of results, 2017 were awful so I expect we might have some oddities show up.
Oboogie liked this
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm This is a cracker.

Thing is people are not, I think there is very few people choosing not to vote for Khan because of Starmer alone.

As I said it’s all going be mixed, Wales looked alarming bad in Feb, now it looks like a decent night for Labour.

And that’s probably down to the Vaccine if we are honest, if Starmer generally keeps losses down it will be a decent few nights, the problem is the narrative will be set by Hartlepool.

Also I thought Novara didn’t listen to the polls.
By Tubby Isaacs
I assume it's got rid of because if you don't mention it now, when will you mention it?

Normally that's fine, you avoid big spending commitments early in the Parliament, but I think there are strong arguments to keep it. I quite like the idea of getting money out of house prices, like May proposed, but you'll probably get killed on it like she did. So I imagine Labour will go down a Corbyn general taxation route anyway.

Johnson's kept his policy back, if it even exists. Wouldn't be surprised about it included a big council tax rise. Labour could have been walking around this week making that point.
By mattomac
They are out in force on Twitter tonight, the biggest swing has been to a Lib Dem mind against Labour, in fact two of the biggest gains have been like that, which doesn’t help explain a lot.

If your an mp and you can go on Twitter and seem happy about Labour losing, your not Labour.

Lloyd Russell-Moyle, as for the bullshit Beckett of Unite is spouting.
By The Weeping Angel
mattomac wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:08 am They are out in force on Twitter tonight, the biggest swing has been to a Lib Dem mind against Labour, in fact two of the biggest gains have been like that, which doesn’t help explain a lot.

If your an mp and you can go on Twitter and seem happy about Labour losing, your not Labour.

Lloyd Russell-Moyle, as for the bullshit Beckett of Unite is spouting.

Bastard
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]