:sunglasses: 41.7 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 16.7 % :cry: 8.3 % :poo: 16.7 %
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 amFine by me but what’s her motivation with this take?
He’s not my ex-boyfriend, so I’m not going to get a nice cushy job when he’s PM via nepotism like I would have had with Jez, and I’ve got the hump about it?
Abernathy liked this
By Yug
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 am
Diane’s already been shit stirring this week to let everyone know Keir is big chief Remoaner who stabbed Eurosceptic Jez in the back. Fine by me but what’s her motivation with this take?
How does it go? Something like "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity".

I do get the distinct impression Ms Abbott isn't the sharpest hammer in the fridge. Whatever she was once, she isn't now.
Diane has read Danny Finkelstein today. See the "Labour, Generally" thread for the source of her plagiarism.

Plus, of course, he hasn't actually been expelled from the party. Yet- until he automatically expels himself by standing against an official Labour candidate at the election. He just isn't getting the whip restored, or getting selected as a candidate.
Abernathy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:38 pm Diane has read Danny Finkelstein today. See the "Labour, Generally" thread for the source of her plagiarism.

Plus, of course, he hasn't actually been expelled from the party. Yet- until he automatically expels himself by standing against an official Labour candidate at the election. He just isn't getting the whip restored, or getting selected as a candidate.
She read a bit of it. But, given I don’t see any signs of her resigning on principle, I suspect not all the way to the end :)
I wonder if Jez is going to stand. He wasn’t that popular with Labour voters when he was leader. Obviously he’ll be more popular in his constituency than in Bishop Auckland but even so. If Starmer’s having a good campaign talking about climate change, is anyone going to want to hear from Jez on NATO?

Jez would presumably make a point of running an open campaign among the people. I could see some rather awkward encounters with Eastern Europeans coming.
He was popular in 2015 because people wanted something different, after Miliband lost. When the 3 experienced candidates were all offering similar things (namely a rehash of Miliband), he was the only candidate to offer something clearly different and to a degree novel.

What we perhaps should have realised was that however bad the coalition years had been, the Tories no longer had to pander to anyone except their own frothing membership. And that a bit of dull centrism would look highly attractive to swing voters after the Tories had had their fill. Instead, Corbyn was a polarising figure, and there were plenty who thought that in a toss-up between him and whoever was leading the Tories, then nightmares they may be but you could possibly make a few quid under the May-Johnson crew.
Had I been a party member in 2015 I would very likely have voted for Corbyn. Not in the hope that he would have won the next election - that was never going to happen - but because I thought he might be a leftist version of Farage, shifting the political spectrum back towards the centre, then standing down for someone more electable. Instead, his rampant egotism and love of playing to the gallery ensured that he never even tried to do anything that resonated with the electorate beyond his narrow fanbase and the moral victory of 2017 ensured a wipeout when he was taken more seriously next time round.
Some people, when given an unexpected opportunity to finally put things they have wanted to do for years into practice, seize it with both hands and go for it.

Corbyn seemed to have decided practically from day 1 that it was all far too much bother. Like vote leave, what they really wanted was a close second so they didn’t actually have to do anything but could demand the people who did have to do something listen to them about how to do it.
mattomac liked this
This is about the 5th or 6th bit of garbage she has posted in the last 4-5 weeks.

Evidently it’s an attempt at getting the whip removed, though of course when Starmer fires back the far left pretend they are the victims, see also their attitude towards the allegations of AS.
Oboogie, Dalem Lake liked this
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21910638/ ... top-boats/

Would it be uncouth if my instinctive response to this no doubt vital contribution to the discourse were to be, 'Fuck you with an electrified hammer you disgraceful, sleazy prick'?

And yes, I know he's not a Labour MP anymore, post his quid pro quo elevation, but the fact that he ever was seems increasingly depressing.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]