:sunglasses: 41.7 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 16.7 % :cry: 8.3 % :poo: 16.7 %
Except that the prosecutions weren't happening.

The police have long believed that public service workers, NHS, teachers, social workers were 'fair game' and wouldn't even investigate assaults.
I like Bryant, but he's straw manning here. Lawyers don't seem to have said "this will never be used". He's a bright enough man to know that the test of this is hard numbers on prosecutions compared with before, but he doesn't provide any.

No doubt there are lots of managers in the public sector who put pressure on assaulted staff to pipe down because they think the publicity of court cases will be bad. But I'd be surprised if the Police were a major problem in that. The assailants in lots of these cases will be people the Police have seen more than enough of already. Even if you think that teachers are a bunch of lefty complainers, why pass up an opportunity to go after these people they already don't like?

Then again, it's amazing anyone gets prosecuted these days with the lack of resources.
Youngian wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm Khalid has all the makings of a ubiquitous backbench rentagob. Takng his place amont the great Birmingham rentagob pantheons Graham Stringer, Anthony Beaumont-Dark, Jill Knight and Jess Phillips on a bad day.
Graham Stringer is an MP for Manchester. The Clean Air Zone only applies to older more polluting cars and is being put in place becasue the government want the City Council to do something about air pollution.
Arrowhead, Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Boiler
The Weeping Angel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:53 pm Graham Stringer is an MP for Manchester. The Clean Air Zone only applies to older more polluting cars and is being put in place becasue the government want the City Council to do something about air pollution.
There's a lot of roaring on car forums about the ULEZ because it's making people get rid of their "classic" (read: mostly 20 years old and in no way deserving of the title 'classic') cars.
The Weeping Angel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:53 pm
Youngian wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm Khalid has all the makings of a ubiquitous backbench rentagob. Takng his place amont the great Birmingham rentagob pantheons Graham Stringer, Anthony Beaumont-Dark, Jill Knight and Jess Phillips on a bad day.
Graham Stringer is an MP for Manchester. The Clean Air Zone only applies to older more polluting cars and is being put in place becasue the government want the City Council to do something about air pollution.
The Government seem to be urging some sensible stuff. While of course making sure that Labour get the blame.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:53 pm
The Government seem to be urging some sensible stuff. While of course making sure that Labour get the blame.
Oh yeah and the Local Tories are making sure to blame Labour for this.
Details man, Jon, says "nurses" in the tweet and "all healthcare workers" in the title to the link.

I mean, even most of the Campaign Group can't be bothered with this. Former Chancellor in Waiting, John McDonnell, signs up anyway.

Wales, where Labour understand how percentages work are doing a fixed Covid bonus for all staff.

Can we put ex-MPs here? Aside from being a non-sequitur, the oil rig is state owned. State capitalist and all that, but I'm not sure command economies have a great record either on this stuff.

Maybe this is the sort of "standing for something" politics some want from Labour, but I'll swerve that, thanks.

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm Can we put ex-MPs here? Aside from being a non-sequitur, the oil rig is state owned. State capitalist and all that, but I'm not sure command economies have a great record either on this stuff.

Maybe this is the sort of "standing for something" politics some want from Labour, but I'll swerve that, thanks.

Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]