:sunglasses: 41.7 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 16.7 % :cry: 8.3 % :poo: 16.7 %
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 pm Don't know what the harassment allegations are, but the party were very "understanding" about the other stuff, to say the least. I wonder how popular he is locally, and whether he'll have a problem with reselection even if he got the whip back.
As do I. Obviously 'popular with the local party' and 'popular with the local public' are not necessarily the same thing, but I'd be interested. Also - and as a whinging lefty who voted for Corbyn I'm aware that this is a very old string to harp on - I can't help but wonder what might have happened to a theoretical Labour MP who got hammered and accused a Jewish journalist of secretly working for Israel, in addition to belching an antisemitic slur at them
I’d happily see him gone but again as I wrote elsewhere the party was under special measures due to the anti semetism that was rife in it.

Labour have to be 110% on this, as I said it’s a shame there not elsewhere but it doesn’t help to suggest oh what would happen if he had been “Jewish”.
By Yug
The Frances Ryan tweets in Tubby's post above highlight the stupidity of the 'Lord Kobels' of this world. It's something they *really* need to learn. It's a simple concept, but somehow they never seem to get it.

With friends like these...
By Yug
He wasn't generally that reasonable. He didn't believe it was possible to have reasonable concerns about women-only spaces etc, but kept banging on about "dangerous lesbians". I got the distinct impression from his posts that any woman who voiced a concern was a TERF and a bigot, and he didn't believe there even could be reasonable people with real concerns.

He was one of those who viewed the issue like momentalists with Corbyn - if you weren't 100% on-message then you *had* to be 100% against. No middle ground with that pillock.
A kitchen, if used for its assumed purpose, is neither a prison nor a toilet. Duffield was just having a gratuitous pop - the Kobel debate doesn't even come in to it. He was just a tedious cunt who was culled without further complaint.

I would be more concerned about someone having "Bread" emblazoned on their bread bin. Indeed, I am.
It's Rosie Duffield. She's well known for making gratuitous swipes at the trans community, and Starmer takes no action to stop her.

Like Rowling, she makes a lot of noise about being a survivor of domestic violence, but seems to show a massive lack of empathy for people who aren't in her demographic:

Gender critical MPs condemned for ‘grim’ response to mention of trans suicide in parliament
I'll be interested to see what LGBT+ Labour have to say at conference this year.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:54 pm It's Rosie Duffield. She's well known for making gratuitous swipes at the trans community, and Starmer takes no action to stop her.

Like Rowling, she makes a lot of noise about being a survivor of domestic violence, but seems to show a massive lack of empathy for people who aren't in her demographic:

Gender critical MPs condemned for ‘grim’ response to mention of trans suicide in parliament
I'll be interested to see what LGBT+ Labour have to say at conference this year.
Of course that didn't stop TRAs from sending death threats to those MPs
Samanfur wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:54 pm It's Rosie Duffield. She's well known for making gratuitous swipes at the trans community, and Starmer takes no action to stop her.

Saw that video a few days ago. While Duffield and Hanvey's reactions are their own species of grim, I think it's Joanna Cherry's performative eye-rolling huffiness that takes home the prize. All the empathy of a rattlesnake closing in on a wounded squirrel.

As for LGBT+ Labour, I think the 'Labour' part of the equation is proving to be the issue at the moment. I've no idea how obstreperous they're minded to be as an organisation, or how much of a fuss they could conceivably kick up before the party's higher ups might start to take a keen interest in people's memberships, but while their man focus is obviously on the government, I think they'd be well within their rights to ask some pretty sharp questions of the Blue Labour types getting all moist about social conservatism.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]