:sunglasses: 41.7 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 16.7 % :cry: 8.3 % :poo: 16.7 %
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:28 pm Noise in the city centre? Whatever next?

Bet she was fucking schtum every time a fucking Hogwarts wand shop opened in the Shambles.
If she’s worried about noise in the city centre and making it family friendly, maybe she should look into stopping the weekend stag and hen trains coming in from Leeds and Newcastle.
Andy McDandy liked this
By Yug
An ex-Labour MP who quit the party over comments made by Sir Keir Starmer about the Israel-Gaza conflict has accused him of condoning war crimes.

Responding to a question about Israel's right to cut off power and water to Gaza, Sir Keir said he thought "Israel does have that right".

He has since clarified his comment, but ex Birmingham Selly Oak MP Lynne Jones said: "It was... the end of my tether."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-67182063
Keir Starmer made a clear and unequivocal statement that Israel has the right to defend itself within the bounds of international law. Only an idiot would interpret this as "Israel are right in whatever they do".

This woman, who appears to be one of the Corbyn tendency, and others like her, are not idiots. Therefore, they are being mendacious in saying this, and are deliberately trying to mislead the hard-of-thinking, and give ammunition to the right-wing media, to stir up trouble for the Labour Party at a time when the Party has just had two astounding electoral victories and should be riding high. I believe that, by doing this, they are deliberately working against the interests of the Party, and serious consideration should be taken as to their continued membership thereof.
By Boiler
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:06 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:28 pm Noise in the city centre? Whatever next?

Bet she was fucking schtum every time a fucking Hogwarts wand shop opened in the Shambles.
If she’s worried about noise in the city centre and making it family friendly, maybe she should look into stopping the weekend stag and hen trains coming in from Leeds and Newcastle.
I had the misfortune to encounter a stag do - already hammered by noon - being very loud in the excellent pub on York station. They left not long after we arrived and not before one of them crashed into my somewhat tetchy mate, with another apologising for him. We were there to drown our sorrows two days after the 2019 GE (I'd come up on a steam-hauled day trip).

Another occasion was indeed a hen do... and then there's race days.

Has anybody done any research into alcohol-induced deafness - as in, why do some people get so LOUD?
Yug wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am This woman, who appears to be one of the Corbyn tendency, and others like her, are not idiots. Therefore, they are being mendacious in saying this, and are deliberately trying to mislead the hard-of-thinking, and give ammunition to the right-wing media, to stir up trouble for the Labour Party at a time when the Party has just had two astounding electoral victories and should be riding high. I believe that, by doing this, they are deliberately working against the interests of the Party, and serious consideration should be taken as to their continued membership thereof.
You beat me to it - but it does show the importance of clarity of expression to the extent (almost) of using words of one syllable so no-one has an excuse to even wilfully fail to understand the message.

Especially now, where I'm seeing even dyed in the wool Tories praising Starmer for the changes he's made and saying he will probably do a better job than their own side.
Yug wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am
An ex-Labour MP who quit the party over comments made by Sir Keir Starmer about the Israel-Gaza conflict has accused him of condoning war crimes.

Responding to a question about Israel's right to cut off power and water to Gaza, Sir Keir said he thought "Israel does have that right".

He has since clarified his comment, but ex Birmingham Selly Oak MP Lynne Jones said: "It was... the end of my tether."...

Keir Starmer made a clear and unequivocal statement that Israel has the right to defend itself within the bounds of international law. Only an idiot would interpret this as "Israel are right in whatever they do".

This woman, who appears to be one of the Corbyn tendency, and others like her, are not idiots. Therefore, they are being mendacious in saying this, and are deliberately trying to mislead the hard-of-thinking, and give ammunition to the right-wing media, to stir up trouble for the Labour Party at a time when the Party has just had two astounding electoral victories and should be riding high. I believe that, by doing this, they are deliberately working against the interests of the Party, and serious consideration should be taken as to their continued membership thereof.
Well, she has actually quit the party, supposedly because of this issue, but you might be forgiven for missing Lynne's flounce out because of the focus on her (wilfully) mistaken interpretation of Starmer's position on Israel and the Hamas conflict. You are of course correct that Lynne is of the Corbynite tendency - as an MP, she was a member of the Campaign Group, and was known for her rather extreme distaste (one might even say hatred) of Sir Tony Blair. At annual conference, she would always absent herself from the hall for Blair's leader's speech, preferring to remain in her hotel room and watch on TV because she said she could not bear being in the same room as him.

You're probably right about Lynne deliberately working to undermine the success of the party under Starmer, but Lynne's influence in these matters is neglible, which is to say virtually zero. Not that her influence ever was worth very much. Frankly, I'm amazed that it has taken Lynne this long to find a hill to die on.
By Yug
Thank you @Abernathy , I didn't know about her. But, and it's a serious but, there are other snakes in the grass still lurking within the Party. We all watched with mounting horror as "This Great Movement Of Ours" was turned into Corbyn's Clusterfuck of Cretinous Clowns. Now evil Kid Starver's™ vile plot to turn the clusterfuck into a credible and electable Party is working. The cretinous clowns must not be allowed to derail, or even slow down, this process. Any attempts to bring back the glory years of being a political irrelevance basking in the shadow of rampant Toryism must be stamped on - hard.

In short, get rid of the Momentalists. Labour does not need them.
Abernathy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:12 pm
Yug wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am

Well, she has actually quit the party, supposedly because of this issue, but you might be forgiven for missing Lynne's flounce out because of the focus on her (wilfully) mistaken interpretation of Starmer's position on Israel and the Hamas conflict. You are of course correct that Lynne is of the Corbynite tendency - as an MP, she was a member of the Campaign Group, and was known for her rather extreme distaste (one might even say hatred) of Sir Tony Blair. At annual conference, she would always absent herself from the hall for Blair's leader's speech, preferring to remain in her hotel room and watch on TV because she said she could not bear being in the same room as him.

You're probably right about Lynne deliberately working to undermine the success of the party under Starmer, but Lynne's influence in these matters is neglible, which is to say virtually zero. Not that her influence ever was worth very much. Frankly, I'm amazed that it has taken Lynne this long to find a hill to die on.
This actually came up on Politics Midlands along with a report of threats to quit by councillors in Walsall.
Apsana might want to look up the Houthis slogan of "God Is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews, Victory to Islam" not to mention how they violently overthrew the government of Yemen, assasinated its Prime Minister, reintroduced slavery amongst other things.
mattomac liked this
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:15 pm Apsana might want to look up the Houthis slogan of "God Is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews, Victory to Islam" not to mention how they violently overthrew the government of Yemen, assasinated its Prime Minister, reintroduced slavery amongst other things.
I don't think she needs to look it up, I'm sure she knows already.
There was an item about her in Private Eye a few months back, focused - at least in part - on her claim to have been abused by her ex husband, and written in such a manner as to suggest, without quite stating it outright, that she was making it all up. I suspect there’s a fair bit of briefing against going on.
I don’t have the issue in question to hand, but if memory serves it was both. Made even better by the fact that one of the issues cited as reason to doubt her was that her ex had not been arrested or even spoken to by the police (the MET being such a feminist friendly organisation and all). It also claimed, falsely, that she’d campaigned for Lutfur Rahman rather than the Labour candidate during the then recent election. They had to retract that one in the very next issue.

I understand why it operates the way it does, but one of the problems with so much of the Eye’s content being anonymous is that you can’t really tell when the writer is using a particular item to grind their own particular axe, go after an enemy or defend one of their mates. Although in this case it did allow a few wags on Twitter to enquire - in all innocence of course - whether the item had been written by Nick Cohen.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]