:sunglasses: 41.7 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 16.7 % :cry: 8.3 % :poo: 16.7 %
You can’t conclude anything from not reporting domestic abuse. But it’s been strongly suggested that serious criminal offences are taking place now. I might expect to see public evidence of that. But equally I might well not. I’m not impressed with Private Eye eliding the two situations at all.
Cohen was, supposedly, Ratbiter, although that particular pseudonym vanished from the Eye’s pages at approximately the same time as the sexual harassment allegations finally broke cover off the back of Lucy Siegle’s tweets. A few deeply cynical people have wondered whether this means that Cohen is no longer writing for them, or whether they’ve simply continued to publish him anonymously.
I assume she’s calling for new home office guidelines for judges and magistrates not to accept the use of rap lines as evidence to finger suspects.
How does this work? I present a rap to the court, m’lud: ‘I blagged the Catford Nat West.’
Last edited by Youngian on Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reckon that Richard Marx did it. Just walked her down by the river, eh? Nah, he's a wrong'un.

At least Nick Cave owned up to doing in Kylie.

And someone had better take a look up at Steve Earle's allotments.
Some of these cases seem to be based not so much on completed videos or songs as on writings found in the accused's home which are the accused claims are lyrics for a song they're writing. If it were someone accused of a sexual offence who'd written rapey prose, would we be happy with it being let out because art?

The campaign Whittome references seem to be saying they don't want blanket rules, so maybe they mean they think the tests at the moment aren't appropriately done. So I may have been a bit harsh on Whittome putting her on this thread. But I think she needs to be clearer about what she wants to happen. Then again, don't we all need to do that?
A Labour Lord here. What does this achieve except make people think there are easy solutions to everything?

The figures for tax evasion, when you look at his link, isn't from corporates at all. It's the overall tax gap- of which over half, per HMRC, is small business (presumably jobs for cash). The next largest is criminals. And his argument for the larget figures is basically that somebody has estimated this- Richard Murphy, I presume. He includes stuff like profit shifting by Google- which isn't evasion.

I'm not impressed by this guy. This is like something the Tory press would try on Ed Davey.

The Post Office's accountants would have looked for the money (probably not that big in the greater scheme of things) and written it off when they couldn't find it. I'm not sure anyone expects ministers to be working through internal accounting spreadsheets.

Not content with sticking £54bn on to a losing manifesto just before polling day, McDonnell is (as he rightly realises will happen) trying to get the government to stick it on to Labour's to do list.

This is such a ridiculous issue. A load of people claiming never to have heard that pension equalisation was happening, 12 years after the law was passed. I'm surprised any of the campaign spokespeople managed to show up for the interviews they did today, given how unalert they apparently are.

There are plenty of poor old people, like there are off any age. Why don't we forget this stuff and help them for a fraction of the cost?

Of course what you could do with the money is give it the people who paid NI their whole working lives and were contracted to have it when they retired at an agreed retirement age.

Just a thought.
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]