:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Abernathy
Conspiracies abound. How come nobody knew about this recording of Azhar Ali saying that the Israelis allowed Hamas to massacre people on 7 October so that they could destroy Gaza, until it was made public by the Daily Mail ?

Who made the fucking recording in the first place?

Could the Mail have been sitting on the tape for weeks, even just waiting until nominations for the Rochdale by-election had closed to publicise it in order to maximise the damage to Labour?

You might think so, I couldn't possibly comment.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I don't think that what Azhar Ali said was anti-semitic, it was anti-Netanyahu. Some Israeli organisations see that as the same thing, but it really isn't.

And I agree with him. Hamas' attack gave legitimacy to what has clearly been a massive land-grab and ethnic cleansing operation, as well as the most almighty punishment of civilians.
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:55 am
And I agree with him. Hamas' attack gave legitimacy to what has clearly been a massive land-grab and ethnic cleansing operation, as well as the most almighty punishment of civilians.
You think that the Hamas attack was deliberately allowed in order to acquire that legitimacy ?
By Abernathy
Ta for clarifying. When you said that you agreed with Azhar Ali - who said he thought Israel had deliberately allowed the Hamas attack in order to acquire legitimacy for its subsequent actions in Gaza - I was somewhat taken aback.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Nah.
But I do think that Netanyahu is the sort of nasty cunt who would never hesitate from profiting from a disaster - never let a crisis go to waste - hence the DORA reference. I think he's been wanting to do this for some time (like always) and this isn't really about punishing Hamas (a bonus) or rescuing hostages, it's about more than that.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Defence Of the Realm Act 1914/15

Allegedly long in preparation, the bucket list of reactionary measures desired by the establishment, enacted as a response to WW1 breaking out.

Oxford History
Legislation (1914, 1915, 1916) by the British Parliament during World War I. Under the Acts government took powers to commandeer factories and directly control all aspects of war production, making it unlawful for war-workers to move elsewhere. Left-wing agitators, especially on Clydeside, were “deported” to other parts of the country. Strict press censorship was imposed. All Germans had already been interned but war hysteria led tribunals to harass anyone with a German name or connection (for example, the writer D. H. Lawrence) and to imprison or fine pacifists (for example, Bertrand Russell). The Act of May 1915 gave wide powers over the supply and sale of intoxicating liquor, powers which were widely resented but which nevertheless survived the war. An Emergency Powers Act of 1920 confirmed the government's power to issue regulations in times of emergency and in 1939 many such regulations were reintroduced.
My belief is that reactionary governments always have contingency plans for overturning liberal legislation, they just need to find the right crisis to justify it.
By Samanfur
Labour suspends second parliamentary candidate over Israel comments
I know this one personally, and've been out campaigning with his wife. I work in his target constituency, although I don't live there.

I genuinely didn't see this coming. The news broke as I left work, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone I know over there knew more than I did the next time I'm in.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By NevTheSweeper
Abernathy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Bold prediction there from “NevTheSweeper”.

I’m no Piers Morgan or Rishi Sunak, but would you fancy a small wager on your prophecy of a Labour defeat at the election (I don’t think that’s remotely likely).

Shall we say £100, Mr. Sweeper?
I'm not a betting man, however, I might be tempted....
By NevTheSweeper
Samanfur wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:44 pm
I know this one personally, and've been out campaigning with his wife. I work in his target constituency, although I don't live there.

I genuinely didn't see this coming. The news broke as I left work, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone I know over there knew more than I did the next time I'm in.
How long would it take before Labour has to restart ALL of the candidates' selection process? What would happen if Sunak called an election now? Labour is now toast....
By Tubby Isaacs
Samanfur wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:44 pm

You'll never guess who's gone off at half-cock.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]