:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Perhaps we need a very public purge of the toxic left. And I'd include the unutterably stupid Ed Miliband in that, as the author of a series of defeats that have hurt the most vulnerable in our society, have threatened civilised institutions and made us an international laughing stock.

Because the left unions supported him and not his successful brother...
Oboogie liked this
By Arrowhead
Boiler wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:03 pm Another thread worth resurrecting.
The equivalent thread on the old forum was started around 2006, and therefore probably initially consisted of chat regarding, for example, the merits of James Purnell, Ruth Kelly and Hazel Blears (each named of potential part leaders in a Guardian article around that time!).

Oh for a return to those simpler times :(
By Samanfur
When I've seen Ed Miliband speak at conference, he always comes across very well. He's grown in confidence since his leadership, and the impression I get is that he was badly advised when it came to PR and image - if he'd been allowed to just be himself, he'd probably've come across a lot better.

That speech of Starmer's that he delivered when laying into Johnson earlier this year showed what he can do when he gets the bit between his teeth.

Unfortunately, it's probably academic now.
Boiler, Youngian liked this
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm I know that I'm not in a good headspace at the moment since I stopped taking my little helpers, but I am finding it very difficult to be optimistic about Labour's future right now and more to the point, what sort of society we are headed towards.
To put it in video game terms.
I think the Tories are camping on Labour's spawn point.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Samanfur wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:36 pm When I've seen Ed Miliband speak at conference, he always comes across very well. He's grown in confidence since his leadership, and the impression I get is that he was badly advised when it came to PR and image - if he'd been allowed to just be himself, he'd probably've come across a lot better.
I don't think 'himself' was very impressive.
On the £3 Trots, when he mooted that we (the London Labour Party) were very against it - for the reasons which later came true - my pal Charlie spoke directly against him but he wasn't having anything of it. Of course not, Creepy Uncle Len wanted it, and he was pulling Ed's strings. Unprincipled, weak and foolish.

Defenestrate.
By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 pm This from a former shadow defence minister:

A London-based bourgeoisie, with the support of brigades of woke social media warriors, has effectively captured the party.

Harsh, but fair?
Think that's rubbish. He's a reactionary probably getting some local heat. Hard to see Starmer is woke left.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Sounds like Dominic Cummings. I’ve heard Khalid come out with Lexit populist stuff before. He’s talking about closed procurement contracts which I have no ideological objections to but can’t be bothered to list why this is a bad and moth eaten idea on so many levels. Bipartisan Peronism isn’t something I saw coming.
obsessed with identity, division and even tech utopianism – have more in common with those of Californian high society than the kind of people who voted in Hartlepool yesterday.
By Tubby Isaacs
Oblomov wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:20 pm Allotment Jesus on C4 news now saying Labour should have stuck to his failed manifestos of 2017 and 2019 :roll:

The lack of self awareness is actually excruciating.
He's not trying is, he?

Funnily enough Johnson didn't run on kicking out EU neighbours, cutting cops and making granny sell her house (not that this policy was all bad).
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:30 pm Sounds like Dominic Cummings. I’ve heard Khalid come out with Lexit populist stuff before. He’s talking about closed procurement contracts which I have no ideological objections to but can’t be bothered to list why this is a bad and moth eaten idea on so many levels. Bipartisan Peronism isn’t something I saw coming.
obsessed with identity, division and even tech utopianism – have more in common with those of Californian high society than the kind of people who voted in Hartlepool yesterday.
See how clever the Peronism looks in 3 years time.

You can spaff your way out of some of the problems in the short term. But you can't move the Treasury everywhere you've done over with Brexit bollocks.
By Tubby Isaacs
Jeremy Corbyn has suggested Sir Keir Starmer’s Labour Party was “offering nothing” to voters.
Asked if Sir Keir should quit, the former Labour leader told Channel 4 News: “It’s up to him what he decides to do. “But the important thing is that this party represents a real, radical alternative to inspire people. “Offering nothing, offering insipid support for the government causes people either to vote for somebody else or simply to stay home and disappear.”
From the election winning expert.

He's a zero Covid man. Would you want Labour running now on closing schools and locking back up?
By Crabcakes
Boiler wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm I know that I'm not in a good headspace at the moment since I stopped taking my little helpers, but I am finding it very difficult to be optimistic about Labour's future right now and more to the point, what sort of society we are headed towards.
Things change, and in the grand scheme of things quite quickly. It’s just hard to see it now, or where that comes from. 15 years ago Michael Howard was in charge of a ruined Tory party we thought would never come back together. 10 years ago we had the first coalition this country had seen for decades. Who knows where we’ll be 5 or 10 years from now?
Arrowhead, zuriblue, Andy McDandy and 3 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]