:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By mattomac
The Labour Party needs no lecturing from those who treated antisemitism as a minor issue.

It also doesn’t need to run every selection again, it means making sure candidates are not dumb. This was always going be an issue because the likes of Corbyn and others around him trashed the party’s reputation.

So frankly they can fuck off.

And while we are at it, Boris Johnson their “great leader” has said homophobic, antisemitism, racism and misogyny on record in his articles.

And Sunak wants to bring him back.
By Youngian
This is tomorrow’s chip paper when a Blimpish Tory says it but a week’s worth of analysis high up on the news cycle for Labour. But we know that and have to be five times more disciplined. A Tory government shits the bed and burns the house down before its MPs face the media microscope. Labour just has to exist to have that level of scrutiny.
He went on to criticise British people who choose to fight for the Israel Defense Forces, saying wrongly that doing so was against the law.

“No British person should be fighting for any other country at all, full stop,” he said. “It is against the law and you should be locked up.”
By Tubby Isaacs
The donor is Bernard Donoughue, who worked in Number 10 for Wilson and Callaghan, been a Labour minister in the Lords and never supported anyone but Labour. He's also 89, and has developed some "climate sceptic" views. Given that the £28bn has been on the way out for months and months, it seems a bit of a stretch to put this donation in the frame. You could equally say "Old Labour stalwart gives Reeves the thumbs up".

Telegraph must be laughing out loud that Jones went for this.

By Crabcakes
NevTheSweeper wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:59 pm Sorry, after some deliberation, I won't bet with you. But my prediction of a Labour defeat still stands.
Yes, I’m sure that today’s news of a recession will *really* turn it round for the record-breakingly unpopular Rishi Sunak, who is now up to 58 MPs not standing at the next GE. Because nothing gets voters out for candidates they don’t know like less money, shittier services and the promise of a man they openly loathe who has no clue about how they live continuing in office.

Labour are not going to lose the next election. There may be hiccups, it may not ultimately be the extinction-level event we’d like to see for the Tories, and they may not have every policy we’d like on day 1 because of the state of the economy they inherit. But for them to outright lose now is beginning to border on unfeasible. You may as well place a bet that the Lib Dems will be the majority party.
Oboogie, Yug, Malcolm Armsteen and 4 others liked this
By davidjay
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:36 pm
NevTheSweeper wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:59 pm Sorry, after some deliberation, I won't bet with you. But my prediction of a Labour defeat still stands.
Yes, I’m sure that today’s news of a recession will *really* turn it round for the record-breakingly unpopular Rishi Sunak, who is now up to 58 MPs not standing at the next GE. Because nothing gets voters out for candidates they don’t know like less money, shittier services and the promise of a man they openly loathe who has no clue about how they live continuing in office.

Labour are not going to lose the next election. There may be hiccups, it may not ultimately be the extinction-level event we’d like to see for the Tories, and they may not have every policy we’d like on day 1 because of the state of the economy they inherit. But for them to outright lose now is beginning to border on unfeasible. You may as well place a bet that the Lib Dems will be the majority party.
It doesn't matter. Labour could get a Blair-like majority and they'd have still lost because the cult say so. They'll have lost the argument, and that's all that matters. St Jeremy won in 2017, 2019 never happened and 2024 will be a moral victory for them.
By Crabcakes
Yes, it was so much better of course when Labour piled on extra votes* in places where they were already miles ahead, but couldn’t convince anyone to switch in marginal areas and couldn’t retain a lot of the votes they had with their confused offering and vastly unpopular leader, and thus handed Johnson a huge majority.

*arguably these extras were never really Labour votes anyway - just Corbyn fans, who’ll now be not voting at all, voting for a crank/trot, or a protest vote. Because when people really need help, services are knackered, the Tories are rapidly becoming facsism lite and the NHS is on the brink of collapse, the most important thing is for them to make it as difficult as possible for someone not quite as left wing as they are to get into a position where they can help.
Spoonman, Oboogie, davidjay liked this
By NevTheSweeper
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 pm
NevTheSweeper wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:28 pm
Abernathy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:06 pm Ach, well, so you’re not prepared to put your money where your gob is. I can’t say I’m surprised.
I don't need to.
Chicken.
Cluck cluck cluck...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]