:sunglasses: 55 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 30 % :poo: 10 %
By Crabcakes
mattomac wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:33 pm Yeah fright of our lives when we saw Labour go to it’s worst defeat than before the Second World War.

That says everything you need to know.
I have never understood this. No one - literally no one - was EVER frightened of Jez. The only basis I can see for this argument is that it's a get out of jail free card: "we would have won if only the media had been fair to us/everyone had backed him unquestioningly/the electorate had listened". All excuses. the only fear that's ever been attached to Corbyn is how badly he could fuck up. And in 2019, with a team entirely of his own choosing and a manifesto he set, we found out.
Arrowhead, davidjay, Oboogie and 2 others liked this
By Crabcakes
Oboogie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:19 pm
Crabcakes wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:18 pm No one - literally no one - was EVER frightened of Jez.
I know some Jews who were very frightened of what he might incite his followers to do.
True, but even then - it’s not fear of him but of the people he wouldn’t deal with. People who weren’t afraid of him doing anything to criticise them, let alone stop them.

Even his fucking “allies” knew he was as toothless as a 25-year-old spaniel.
By Nigredo
RE: Media treatment of St. Jeremy;

Yes he was unfairly smeared (what Labour leader doesn't get that treatment?) but on reflection, was it any worse than the frankly disgusting insinuation that Ed Milliband's deceased father wanted to betray the country that had given him refuge from the Nazis?

Probably not but that doesn't stop Jez's acolytes from pretending he suffered the greatest injustice of modern western democracy.
Andy McDandy, Oboogie liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Oblomov wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 pm RE: Media treatment of St. Jeremy;

Yes he was unfairly smeared (what Labour leader doesn't get that treatment?) but on reflection, was it any worse than the frankly disgusting insinuation that Ed Milliband's deceased father wanted to betray the country that had given him refuge from the Nazis?

Probably not but that doesn't stop Jez's acolytes from pretending he suffered the greatest injustice of modern western democracy.
There were also things that didn't get mentioned such as his support for Venezuela.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oboogie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:00 pm I'm a bit dubious about these claims that Corbyn was smeared. With the notable exception of the Czech spy story, weren't all of the stories, less smears, more reports of his past actions and statements?
Or his surly reaction to being asked legitimate questions.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Nigredo
Oboogie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:00 pm I'm a bit dubious about these claims that Corbyn was smeared. With the notable exception of the Czech spy story, weren't all of the stories, less smears, more reports of his past actions and statements?
Plucked the first couple of results off of a Google search which I hope are slightly more academic than the Sun/Mail/Express triplet of tripe:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/media-and-communi ... emy-corbyn

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opini ... ry-146523/
By RedSparrows
The 'not bowing enough' kinda shit. He got a lot of absolute drivel directed at him.

Just he also offered a lot of absolute drivel too, outside of 'hey, you're left-wing, how about this!', which unsurprisingly garnered a lot of support as compared to... the Tories. Bravo!
By Tubby Isaacs
Interested to read this about the "wreath" episode, from somebody who isn't a fan of Jez's anti-imperialism generally. Jez had a more defensible case than he actually put himself.

The "controversial" man may have been involved with Munich and much else, but seems to have become a peacemaker within the PLO. Wouldn't it have been better to explain that, than "present but not involved"?

By Crabcakes
Not to state the bleedin’ obvious, but for a lot of stuff Corbyn’s worst enemy was Corbyn. For the media things, he couldn’t disguise his annoyance at being asked non-softball questions (which shows you what a lifetime of preaching to the converted will do to your skills at making your case). For the heffalump traps, part of it was not having the nouse to hire someone to tell him “hey, maybe don’t wear that typical lefty hat” and part of it was him probably not wanting to up his game as part and parcel of his “different kind of politics”. And for his skeletons in the closet, the problem was he didn’t see them as problems. I’m still fairly sure he’s simply not bright enough to really believe people can be victims of bigotry and racism if they live (relatively) comfortable lives in a western country, and that they should just take one for the team when he allowed “robust criticisms” to go unpunished.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]