:sunglasses: 55 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 30 % :poo: 10 %
By Andy McDandy
The Tory victory was not validation of their political acumen but largely a result of the success of a three word slogan – “Get Brexit Done” – in convincing people that a vote for Boris Johnson was a vote in their best interests.
Sounds like a brilliant bit of short term political acumen for me.

Usual stuff - poor Jez, had the wrong shadow cabinet, the wrong media coverage, the wrong electorate. But in a hundred years, needless to say, he'll have the last laugh.

It almost touches on some of the realities of his tenure - the "Guildford test*", where his policies may have been popular, but news that they were his policies turned people off. The fact that politics is as much about personalities as it is about policies - but what could be more personality-led than the entire magic grandpa thing?

*From the "One Show" segment in which Gyles Brandreth vox-popped people in the Surrey city on the popularity of Labour policies under Corbyn.
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:13 am In case you’re in need of a laugh, or just find reading utterly terrible writing interesting:

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2023/11/07/ ... relevance/
They’re right about the power of media influence but can’t accept what an easy ride Corbyn had until May called an election. Thought he’d be finished after six weeks when he sulked in an interview with Steve Nolan when asked to condemn IRA killings (he wouldn’t even use the ‘condemn all violence’ line). The interview was ignored outside NI as the Tories didn’t want this Brexit friendly joke leader going just yet. ‘Nice enough bloke but a bit weak’ was the worst you’d hear about Corbyn. Once the dogs were set on him they didn’t even need to smear Corbyn (apart from the odd daft nonsense about Czech spies) just reprint stuff he’d said and done.
By Abernathy
Right so. The Tories have actually been nicking Jeremy Corbyn's policies and implementing them.
And they've been 20+ points behind the Labour Party led by Keir Starmer for at least the past 12 months.

Rrrrright........................
Attachments
Nutter.jpg
Nutter.jpg (131.12 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
By mattomac
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:52 am Jez is more like Big Ben than Tony Benn. The same message day in and day out, repeated ad infinitum, powered by a dusty, elderly mechanism that can only ever produce an identical monotonous clanging.
Benn would be able to affably run rings around Moran.

These two should get a podcast together, be yet another to avoid.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By davidjay
Benn had something Corbyn could never hope to have - whether you'd call it charm, or charisma, or gravitas I don't know, but he had the ability to gain the respect of people who didn't agree with him. Corbyn, on the other hand, has the reverse effect. I could easily see myself agreeing with his ideas but still voting against him.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Benn was around for quite a while before he went all Corbyn. When you''re in the Cabinet of a minority government, you have to sharpen your act. Corbyn only had to do that when he was leader. He actually did it reasonably well until near the end, then they started just chucking the kitchen sink at it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]