News and announcements about all things Mailwatch
:sunglasses: 13.3 % :pray: 66.7 % :laughing: 6.7 % :🤗 13.3 %
By Spoonman
Meanwhile, an update on what killed off the old MWF...

OVHcloud datacenter 'lacked' automatic fire extinguishers, electrical cutoff
Firefighters' report: Wooden ceiling rated to resist blaze for an hour

The OVHcloud datacenter in Strasbourg, France, that was destroyed in a fire last year had no automatic fire extinguisher system nor an electrical cutoff mechanism, according to a report from the Bas-Rhin fire service.

The incident report was obtained and published by Journal du Net (JDN), a French-language IT site. It describes several issues that contributed to the destructiveness of the blaze, including the presence of toxic fumes from lead batteries, a wooden ceiling rated to resist fire for only an hour, and two inner courtyards that acted as "fire chimneys."

The fire occurred at 0046 on March 10, 2021 and destroyed SBG2, a five-story datacenter occupying 500m2. Servers in adjacent buildings SBG1 were also damaged in the incident while SBG3 and SBG4 remained operational.
...and at the end...

Over 140 customers have filed a class action lawsuit against the company seeking damages for losses arising from the fire. According to the law firm handling the complaint, Ziegler & Associates, numerous French government websites were affected by the fire, including data.gouv.fr, the National Education website, the Center Pompidou website and Meteosky. The law firm claims many customers lost their data as a result of the fire and did not understand the need to pay for additional backups.
https://www.theregister.com/2022/03/22/ ... /?td=rt-4a
Nigredo, Arrowhead, zuriblue liked this
By Nigredo
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:26 pm
Oblomov wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:10 am To the powers that be, will it be much of a bother to change my username? Given the current atrocity exhibition occurring in Ukraine I now feel a lot of unease looking at my username and avatar.
PM me and I'll do the business.
Many thanks, sent.
kreuzberger liked this
By RedSparrows
Nigredo wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:20 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:26 pm
Oblomov wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:10 am To the powers that be, will it be much of a bother to change my username? Given the current atrocity exhibition occurring in Ukraine I now feel a lot of unease looking at my username and avatar.
PM me and I'll do the business.
Many thanks, sent.
Whilst it's not my place to comment, really, I'd say of any Russian figure, Oblomov is far, far from Putin!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]