News and announcements about all things Mailwatch
:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 66.7 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Seems to come and go.

In a room women come and go
Speaking of Michaelangelo.

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
Samanfur liked this
By RandomElement
Thanks for getting this back up. Although I don't post that often I have missed this place.

I have been checking regularly at http;//mailwatch.co.uk and I've been getting the Plesk page. It appears mailwatch.co.uk isn't redirecting to www.mailwatch.co.uk. Not helped by Chrome ishowing both as the same url i.e. not showing the www so it took me a while to figure out
By Boiler
RandomElement wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:53 pm Thanks for getting this back up. Although I don't post that often I have missed this place.

I have been checking regularly at http;//mailwatch.co.uk and I've been getting the Plesk page. It appears mailwatch.co.uk isn't redirecting to www.mailwatch.co.uk. Not helped by Chrome ishowing both as the same url i.e. not showing the www so it took me a while to figure out
I cleared my cache and all was lovely.
By RandomElement
I'm still seeing a difference with and without the www
Things I have tried:
Cleared the cache,
Rebooted
Tried a different browser
Tried a different Computer
Tried a different DNS server.
Tried a linux machine.
Tried a different ISP (Mobile Hotspot)
And I still see http://mailwatch.co.uk going to plesk and http://www.mailwatch.co.uk coming here. I not trying to be a smart arse, just fault finding. :geek:
I'm thinking that other people may not be able to find the new site. :)
By kreuzberger
During the rebuild, the domain was set up on my business server so that an explanatory holding page could go up and while Timbo fought with the French provider. Once that was resolved, the domain was set up on the new server. Merk still controls the DNS and, quite conceivably, there might be an issue with one of the records.

My business server should redirect automatically. I have just checked and all the settings seem to be in order. As it literally pays the mortgage, I am reluctant to mess around with it.
Spoonman liked this
By Nigredo
Is there a way to mark all threads/an entire subforum as read? I admit this is my own fussy housekeeping but when I see that there are unread threads in a subforum and I go to look at how a convsersation has developed only to discover the unread thread in question is on page 4 from half a year ago, it is a mild irritation.
By Boiler
Nigredo wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:29 pm Is there a way to mark all threads/an entire subforum as read? I admit this is my own fussy housekeeping but when I see that there are unread threads in a subforum and I go to look at how a convsersation has developed only to discover the unread thread in question is on page 4 from half a year ago, it is a mild irritation.
Yes, there is and it works for both laptop and phone (tested with Firefox on a W10 laptop and Opera on a 'droid phone)

If you click/tap on the titles in the red headings for the subforums, over to the right you will see a grey button appear marked "mark subforums read", thus.
Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 17-49-40 (6) Media - Mailwatch Forum.png
Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 17-49-40 (6) Media - Mailwatch Forum.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 14182 times

Tap/click on that and all subforums are indeed marked as read.

At a lower level, you can mark all topics within a subforum read easily on a laptop.

If you go into a subforum as below, a "Mark Topics Read" button appears - click that and it is done.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 17-56-17 (6) The Government - Mailwatch Forum.png
Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 17-56-17 (6) The Government - Mailwatch Forum.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 14178 times

What I am yet to find out is how to do that on my 'phone, which uses Opera for its browser.
Arrowhead liked this
By Boiler
You've not broken the Internet.

Clicking on said triangle reveals that "the board attachment quota has been reached".

However, images linked from an external hosting site (such as postimages.org) present no such problem - such as this one.

This one's definitely for Kreuzy (not the J6, obvs).
Cyclist liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]