News and announcements about all things Mailwatch
:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 66.7 %
By Samanfur
I must've completely missed the mass mail. I've got a lot to catch up on, but a big thank you to the admins for getting us up and running again, and Mr. McDandy for pointing me in the right direction.
Spoonman, Andy McDandy, lambswool and 3 others liked this
By Samanfur
Cheers, Malcolm. It seems I got the message about the updated URL, but must've missed it whilst I was baby-wrangling.

The new site seems to be working well on my laptop, but I'm not authorised to like/dislike things on my Android 'phone.
By kreuzberger
Samanfur wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:02 pm ...
The new site seems to be working well on my laptop, but I'm not authorised to like/dislike things on my Android 'phone.
See up-thread, it is all down to the device thinking it is clever with short cuts and not taking you to URLs with the https prefix.

On a phone, it is always tricky. You always have to tap in the right region (Oooh er, missus!) and manually edit the URL. Once this has been done on the home (index) page, you should be good to go.

Yes, it is fiddly but it does work!
By Yug
I am about to change the email address linked to my forum membership from my work (spit) one to my personal one. The last time I changed my email address Mailwatch locked me out for the best part of a week. So, if I disappear it won't be for long (hopefully). Like General McArthur said when the Japanese army booted him out of Bataan: "I will return".

Edit.

Belay that. New address is already showing. I must've done it when I re-registered after the Great Fire.
Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:29 pm Why can't I post Tweets like I used to?
I discovered that if the URL of the twwet is "x.com" - as you've posted recently - it doesn't work.

However, when I replaced the 'x' with 'twitter', it does. That's how I got that cutaway of O'Leary and Hammond to show in the discussion about Sunak.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]