:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By AOB
It's interesting that one of the people taking action is Doreen Lawrence. I was surprised the Mail had that campaign to bring Stephen Lawrence's killer to justice. Did Dacre have a personal beef with one of the accused? It was a juxtaposition of everything that has come before and since in terms of how the Mail operate. That's why I wonder of Dacre had history with one of the accused. Or perhaps it was a "back scratching" favour for the police. I only say this as bribery of the police is in the list of accusations brought by the claimants.

. In the statement, Hamlins alleged that the activity included:

"The hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people's cars and homes
"The commissioning of individuals to surreptitiously listen into and record people's live, private telephone calls whilst they were taking place
"The payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information
"The impersonation of individuals to obtain medical information from private hospitals, clinics, and treatment centres by deception
"The accessing of bank accounts, credit histories and financial transactions through illicit means and manipulation"
That is some bad, bad stuff. Obtaining medical information by impersonation. Like I said, how can this not end up in criminal court further down the line, should the civil action prove successful. I'm going to enjoy reading how this unfolds over the coming months. Hopefully as painfully as possible for the Mail.
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 am Dacre had history with Steven Lawrence's father, I believe, who had done some work for him (plastering?) and was considered a goodie.
The Lawrences are no longer together, and we can only try to imagine how the traumatic loss of their son might have impacted their relationship.

Looking from Dacre's angle, Doreen has been the more high profile of the pair, and spoken on issues beyond the murder.
I wonder whether this earns you an "uppity" in the sort of clubs that Dacre frequents.
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 am Dacre had history with Steven Lawrence's father, I believe, who had done some work for him (plastering?) and was considered a goodie.

Paul Dacre admits Daily Mail ran ‘Murderers’ Stephen Lawrence splash because father Neville did his plastering

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/paul-dac ... ing-142595
AOB liked this
By Youngian
Dacre is a victim of preposterous smears and fishing expeditions without credible evidence. An innocent Dacre crapping himself is still a win.
The peerage due to be awarded to Paul Dacre, the former editor of the Daily Mail, should be delayed during the legal action being taken against its publisher over alleged intrusion into privacy, Chris Bryant, the Labour MP and standards chair, has suggested.

Dacre and Associated Newspapers have been contacted for comment. In a statement on Thursday, Associated Newspapers denied the allegations.

A spokesperson said: “We utterly and unambiguously refute these preposterous smears which appear to be nothing more than a pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone-hacking scandal concerning articles up to 30 years old.

“These unsubstantiated and highly defamatory claims – based on no credible evidence – appear to be simply a fishing expedition by claimants and their lawyers, some of whom have already pursued cases elsewhere.” https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ ... daily-mail
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]