:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 50 %
By The All New KevS
Here's a thought.

In the space of 24 hours, there's been repurcussions of three, in retrospect, major misjudgements by the Mail.

Namely, backing Johnson to the hilt, ten front pages about Starmer in Hartlepool, and Prince Harry.

In view of that, and bearing in mind the damage this will do to the reputation (such as it is) of the Mail, wonder if Rothermere will be suggesting that Dacre should depart?
By Andy McDandy
Has there been any upturn in sales, or perhaps more importantly, companies advertising via the Mail/Mailonline?

If not, onto the other reason people run newspapers - is there any evidence that Dacre has shifted either the debate or public opinion in the direction Rothermere wants it to go?

If the answers to either of those questions are yes, he may well be kept on. If not, he's lost it.
By Oboogie
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:43 am Seems the golden touch may finally have started to tarnish.

Good.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... p-declines
Of course it's heartening to hear their print sales are falling, but I note the article makes no mention of traffic to Mailonline which is the far bigger fish (a few years ago I read it was the most visited news website in the world), that's the bugger doing the most harm.
By Youngian
no mention of traffic to Mailonline which is the far bigger fish (a few years ago I read it was the most visited news website in the world), that's the bugger doing the most harm.

Or going the way of the Express, a ‘more nimble’ skeleton staff rehashing clickbait from Tory press releases. Don’t see Dacre having any tricks up his sleeve to replenish its readership with youngsters. During the Telegraph’s descent from a newspaper of record it tried out trendy cultural and arts features for the cool kids. Then settled on becoming a tweedy Breitbart to target its core readership plus some online conspiracists.
By Rosvanian
As I do every morning, I've just looked at the website. I don't know about traffic but I think it's losing it's touch. The top dozen stories were a mixture of "according to experts" bollocks about the royals with accompanying whiny opinion pieces from the likes of Jan Moir. Surely even Mail readers are tiring of this now. And, tellingly, there's an increasing amount of tedious, not really news, race related stories, anti LGBT stories etc where comments aren't allowed because they know that the moderators would be overwhelmed. It looks washed out to me.
Youngian liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]